Week 17 TNF GDT: New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns

wackywabbit

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

David Njoku has been playing out of his mind since Flacco took over

People remember Pitta obviously but they forget he revived Todd Heap’s career to an extent as well after years with Boller. He also had 500 year old Owen Daniels, Dallas Clark, and Ben Watson showing out to some extent in various seasons. Also got a rookie Mark Andrews revving a bit in 2018 before he got hurt and lost the job to Lamar 

Guy is the TE whisperer 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Browns fans... What is the minimum you would want just to wash your hands of Watson right now? Just get away from the contract in full and be done with the entire situation and move on to another QB?

Or prefer to go back to Watson?

Hard to say. Who do we replace him with? Flacco is playing great right now but he's obviously not a long-term solution.

This year with Watson was obviously frustrating. Vs. Tennessee he had his best game as a Brown at the time and then gets hurt. Eventually comes back vs. the Ravens and leads a comeback win with a great second half. And then ends up on IR that week. It feels like anytime he's about to turn the corner, he gets hurt.

Obviously Watson hasn't been worth what we've given up so far, I just don't know who else we could replace him with that would put us in a better spot.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Browns fans... What is the minimum you would want just to wash your hands of Watson right now? Just get away from the contract in full and be done with the entire situation and move on to another QB?

Or prefer to go back to Watson?

I'm not sure I understand the question but to get rid of Watson I'd drain my savings and then I'd have to get back to you with what the bank would be willing to loan me.

Just now, DawgX said:

Hard to say. Who do we replace him with? Flacco is playing great right now but he's obviously not a long-term solution.

This year with Watson was obviously frustrating. Vs. Tennessee he had his best game as a Brown at the time and then gets hurt. Eventually comes back vs. the Ravens and leads a comeback win with a great second half. And then ends up on IR that week. It feels like anytime he's about to turn the corner, he gets hurt.

Obviously Watson hasn't been worth what we've given up so far, I just don't know who else we could replace him with that would put us in a better spot.

Let's say it's brissett or Russ or minshew for a year and then you have to figure it out. But it'll be a trade on Watson which gets you away from the 138 million fully guaranteed over the next three years.