NFC Wild Card: 6. Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5) Sunday Night Football

Louis Friend

Rams @ Lions   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets revenge?

Fun fact; in the last 4 games, Detroit has given up;

6 catches, 141 yards, 1 TD to Justin Jefferson. Win.
13 catches 221 yards 1 TD to Cedee Lamb. Loss.
12 catches 192 yards 1 TD to Justin Jefferson. Win.
9 catches 181 yards 1 TD to Puka Nacua. Win.

The only loss was the questionable one against the Cowboys which was very, very winnable. These are premier guys, but this is obviously something Detroit has to fix. I have no idea how they're winning these games giving up these numbers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

My people are built to be large in one of two directions, vertically or horizontally.

Don’t know if you’re a rugby fan, but Pacific Islanders are poached by every country to play for them. My country (England) has had 3 key Pacific Islanders play for them. Got them in young lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

The only loss was the questionable one against the Cowboys which was very, very winnable. These are premier guys, but this is obviously something Detroit has to fix. I have no idea how they're winning these games giving up these numbers.

It’s not bad. Kinda force feed one guy and hope and prey others don’t get involved. Just had no idea their safeties are so bad. No doubles or help is crazy. That’s an insane way to play, specially  against the Niners who don’t force feed anyone and have multiple weapons. I think success lies in Detroit runs game. Gotta pound the rock. There’s so much more there it’s scary. Goff was rattled that second half. But with a clean pocket he went 22-22 for over 200. That’s nuts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

This route chart pretty much perfectly encapsulates exactly what i was raving about earlier with Puka.  His most special quality is his football sense.  His ability to just weave and bend and squiggle the route...and still time it all up perfectly.  He sort of runs routes for "intent" rather than "accuracy".  Even other super natural football players like Deebo...his routes look so much more like they were drawn up.  Puka looks like someone very drunk was trying to approximate a route on the whiteboard.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I mean that's 3 of the best wideouts in the league. Just Tyreek and Chase compare really. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Yet only giving up 21.75 ppg in these games, middle of the pack. I’ll take it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Tons. A lot don't frequent Gen.

@Louis Friend is here constantly @detfan782004, @cp0k2, @General Tso, @Nnivolcm, @LionArkie, @Nazgul (😄)I think are also in gen a good amount. There are a bunch more on the DET forum.

@incognito_man, @Duluther, @Malfatron are all die-hards too.

🤬

I know I didn't appear much in this thread but I was busy being at the game, spending 90 mins in a parking garage after the game, and getting home and to bed so I could make it to work today

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 3

I'd just like to say, and I hope to make this point on detroit radio this week, I don't want to hear any more bitching about Campbell gambling too much. You know what happens when you play it by the book? You take a field goal with 8 minutes left to still be down one and you punt with four minutes left and never get the ball back. At least if you go for it and fail, you went down swinging.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

🤬

I know I didn't appear much in this thread but I was busy being at the game, spending 90 mins in a parking garage after the game, and getting home and to bed so I could make it to work today

Who are you?!? 🤔

jk Supe. You know we love ya! We are just jealous you were there 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I'd just like to say, and I hope to make this point on detroit radio this week, I don't want to hear any more bitching about Campbell gambling too much. You know what happens when you play it by the book? You take a field goal with 8 minutes left to still be down one and you punt with four minutes left and never get the ball back. At least if you go for it and fail, you went down swinging.

They ***** when it fails, but it works more often than not. 

@jrry32 @El Ramster

you two are the rams fans that I know offhand. Just wanna say one hell of a game last night. You got something special in Nakua. Dudes an absolute beast. 

Personally, I think he’s going to be better than Kupp. Rams offense is gonna be dangerous for years. Stafford can absolutely elevate WRs but Nakua, IMO, is special. 

Stafford is and always will be one of my favorite guys. Yes, I would have booed the living **** out of him if I was there but before and after the game, nothin but love and respect. Dude has the heart of a Lion in him and simply put, an amazing arm. It was awesome watching him with his no-look, tight *** spiral dots. People truly forget he started that way before Mahomes. 

That was one hell of a game to watch!! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I love how this went from me saying that is  a horribly missed call (x2, yes there were two penalties on said play vs the defense)"

To "it was a great no call, pulling on someone has 0 effect on a player trying to jump for a ball" 

To "you're only saying that cuz you're a packer fan!!!"

Typical low IQ NFLGen stuff.

My comment was to the entire discussion your post, the one I replied to, was the last one I saw.