2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

It would also be nice to have a feature back for once that is also a viable weapon in the passing attack, but yeah not sure that guy exists in this class.

From what I've read about Texas RB Jonathon Brooks, he's probably the biggest duel threat runner/receiver in this class, but haven't watched him, and he seems to be the #1 RB on most rankings, so he's probably not lasting til the mid 2nd if he has a really good combine.

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

From what I've read about Texas RB Jonathon Brooks, he's probably the biggest duel threat runner/receiver in this class, but haven't watched him, and he seems to be the #1 RB on most rankings, so he's probably not lasting til the mid 2nd if he has a really good combine.

Yeah he's likely 1st off the board.  I'd say there's a good chance he doesn't make it to the 2nd at all

40 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

reminds me of Miles Sanders in so many ways. Even down to being the guy to follow up a generational prospect from his school one year later.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

reminds me of Miles Sanders in so many ways. Even down to being the guy to follow up a generational prospect from his school one year later.

Bijan wasn't generational, just typical stud #1 RB prospect. I don't think he was a better prospect than Etienne or Jonathan Taylor (who should have been drafted before Swift and CEH, and I was shocked he wasn't. Like how did Andy screw up something so obvious?)

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

What's a realistic free agency haul we could be looking at?

I’d say Chinn cause they liked him, but probably would need Winfield Jr more if either made it to FA.

Jaylon Johnson seems about right for the CB, better options but a guy with some upside.

Not a lot of good LBs

Curtis Samuel could be the tier of WR they look at.

I think they liked Swift enough to bring him back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I’d say Chinn cause they liked him, but probably would need Winfield Jr more if either made it to FA.

Jaylon Johnson seems about right for the CB, better options but a guy with some upside.

Not a lot of good LBs

I think there's some LBs who could give us TJ Edwards level quality snaps. Looking at PFFs top 100 upcoming free agents. They say Luvu is a good run defender and blitzing LB with coverage limitations which gives me pause. Seems like Queen has come around the last couple seasons with strong play vs run, pass and as a rusher. Jordyn Brooks is a good all around LB. Josey Jewell is a solid guy who can settle a defense down and was kicked around as a trade target last season. Cashman and Tranquill are other interesting names.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Not a lot of good LBs

Would absolutely love Winfield/Chinn and Curtis Samuel

Big fan of Samuel. Kid just makes big plays when given opportunity 

28 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I know we love to hate on Howie but given that the contract with Chicago was done in a matter of minutes I'd assume that it was relayed he wanted to go home and play for them. I think Edwards even eluded to the fact that is was his dream to play for his hometown team in Chicago. 

• Like 1

(Potential) Free Agent Wish List
Jordyn Brooks
Frankie Luvu
Jaylon Johnson (prob gets tagged)
Chidobe Awuzie
Danielle Hunter
Josh Allen (prob gets tagged)
Brian Burns (prob gets tagged)
Winfield jr (prob gets tagged)
Dugger
Robert Hunt 

Queens play falls off a cliff when Roquan isn't on the field with him, and I wouldn't trust Cashman to stay above average/good without DeMeco and the Texans defensive staff.

• Like 1