49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

13 minutes ago, MuFF said:

MLF could have challenged the spot on Love's sneak, right? The broadcast stated it would be reviewed upstairs, which I don't think is the case. 

Sure, he could have, but it would have been a wasted challenge.  No way they could/would have overruled it based on any replay I saw.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think Barry was awful tonight but when we had to have it he didn't get it done. That's where we can make the upgrade and we should look to do it. 

It's because he's not a DC, he's failed twice and the only reason he hasn't failed catastrophicly like he did in Wash and Det is he's gotten elite QB play, he gets a new first round pick on D every off-season and he got to steal the playbook of the best defensive mind of the NFL the last 10 years. Even with all that, he's only managed to go one rung up the ladder from catastrophic to just really bad.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

I'm not as convinced of this based on MLF's words these past few weeks.

He's not gonna get rid of him. Just dont see it.
Next year will be more of the same. Oh well. **** it.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

It looks more and more like a talent issue to me. 

I'd love to upgrade both our coaching and our secondary.

No. Just no. I don't know how much talent a DC needs but our defense has more than enough. 

15 minutes ago, MuFF said:

MLF could have challenged the spot on Love's sneak, right? The broadcast stated it would be reviewed upstairs, which I don't think is the case. 

I was surprised he didn't challenge.  Not sure if the they wouldn't allow it because they said it was being looked at upstairs or not.  Looked like he had enough to move the sticks to me.  That was a big moment in the game that went against us.

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

I suppose given the way the conversation has shifted, two questions should be at the forefront;

1. Are you in support of Joe Barry being re-signed?
2. If so, why exactly?

1)No*

*they better not bring in someone who can’t get the D playing better in a hurry. No more rebuild mulligans next year.  

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

No. Just no. I don't know how much talent a DC needs but our defense has more than enough. 

We do need major secondary help. We never replaced Amos and trading Rasul hurts now that this team should've been in the NFCCG, but why invest in DB help for a guy who ruins DBs? If Barry is back, more EDGE and DLs, pass rush is the cure then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

I suppose given the way the conversation has shifted, two questions should be at the forefront;

1. Are you in support of Joe Barry being re-signed?
2. If so, why exactly?

I seriously doubt anyone in here wants Barry back.  The real question is what do we think MLF will do.  I think this forum is going to be very unhappy with that answer.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Sure, he could have, but it would have been a wasted challenge.  No way they could/would have overruled it based on any replay I saw.

Really tough to challenge in those pile ups. We needed to be better in short yardage but damn if that crew wasn’t the stingiest I’ve seen with those spots. 

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This. It was two badly executed short yardage plays in a row. Inexcusable.

• Like 2

The D played fantastic tonight? Was MLF watching? I saw so many missed tackles it was ridiculous! Missed tackles alone cost us this game. We knew going in that SF had great YAC players. We couldn't get them on the ground. That's not my definition of fantastic. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

The good...

EXTREMELY PROUD OF THIS TEAM!!!

I was at the Ale House off I4 in Davenport,FL. Over half of the people were Packers fans ! Best fan base in football.

I was wrong on Love. He is definitely our guy going forward.

Give Aaron jones an extension. 

MLF biggest mistake was not challenging that call in the first. That was a clear first down and probably wins us the game. We go up 10-0.

Clark was giving it his all tonight. 

Doubs is dawg.

Our oline is the best in the league at pass pro. 

The bad...

Love threw the worst INT I've seen in a long time.  On first down, either throw it away or just scramble. You throw it into triple coverage , off your back foot, across your body to the other side of the field... to Christian Watson.....

Savage dropped a pick 6, Nixon dropped an INT.

We don't have a plus LB on the roster anymore. idk what happened to this duo.

Jaire is still hampered imo.

We miss Enagbere on the edge.

Carlson has to figure this out man. Too many misses this year.

Watson might have lost his spot. We were better without him in the line up

They need yo run that drag to him they ran on Phili last year, that play should be called 3x a game...  OSU ran it with MHJr against the Badgers too, cant be stopped if thrown right...

and why stop going deep, 3 times we did and got 3 PIs

Edited by fattlipp