The "Just Say Yes" Bowl

HeresAGuy

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I actually could care less...but if her "involvement" led to greater fan interest.....good. Fine with me.
People choose a whole host of **** to get their panties in a twist over. Why...I'll never know.

Oh I agree completely. I only quoted you because of the guys tweet or post on X (whatever we are supposed to call it these days).

I hope she is helping draw more views for the NFL. The more fans the better

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MacReady said:

Mahomes is also proof that receivers are overrated.

So at least he’s helping one of my arguments while destroying the other.

Bottom line is if you’re going to pay your QB, you cannot pay receivers. I think that, at least, is an indisputable fact in MacReadyism.

You add a receiver contract and you lose OL or DL. There’s no way they’re fitting a top 20 WR contract on that roster and keeping the roster as is.

So when paying your QB you have to decide if they’re good enough with nobody at the receiver position or if you want to win the Super Bowl.

And before everyone brings up Kelce, granted. He’s also the best tight end of this era of football at only 14 million.

We’ll see, they may bring in Evans or Higgins for 20M…looks like they like Kris Jenkins,  so Jones money might go to a WR1…

Edited by fattlipp

57 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

We’ll see, they may bring in Evans or Higgins for 20M…looks like they like Kris Jenkins,  so Jones money might go to a WR1…

If they let Sneed and Jones go just so they can sign Mike Evans... well they'll probably still win the SB but that would be dumb.

6 hours ago, fattlipp said:

That would be the year they lose.

Let’s be realistic here. They don’t win that Super Bowl without plays made by Jones and Sneed.

The defense had more clutch moments in that win than the offense.

And every single year we see powerhouse teams with great receivers suddenly run into a brick wall when they play a great defense.

The most obvious tell that the NFL is rigged is the fact that they keep propping up the teams in the largest markets. Dynasties over the decades in the mega markets of Kansas City, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay. And now they've made sure some of the best QBs are in massive population centers like KC, Buffalo, Cincinnati, and Green Bay while saddling the flyover markets like Chicago and New York with black holes at the position. I mean, could they be more obvious?

• Like 9

13 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The way I looked at that was it was intentional grounding because he threw it like a basketball chest pass.  Can't read minds, and I am not the ref, but in no way did I believe that he was targeting the receiver.  At the time, I said that is wouldn't have been grounding if he had thrown it like a regular pass.  To me it looked like he was clearly just throwing the ball to escape a sack.  Which was the real reason for the rule in the first place.

But that's the problem, the form of the pass doesn't matter.  If it's not grounding for a "normal" pass, it's not grounding.

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

That would be the year they lose.

Let’s be realistic here. They don’t win that Super Bowl without plays made by Jones and Sneed.

The defense had more clutch moments in that win than the offense.

And every single year we see powerhouse teams with great receivers suddenly run into a brick wall when they play a great defense.

I agree.

The draft sets up nicely for them to get very good WR's where they will be picking.

21 hours ago, Striker said:

KC had some pretty unfavorable spots too. 

A few of those were pretty stingy but still nothing like the miserly crew that was giving out spots like they were giving away their first born when the Pack was playing. I understand there’s not an exact science  between where the player is down and where the ball reaches its spot but really there could be some tech assistance to help take human error out of those calls. 

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

This is a big part of how Brady won his SB rings, and Rodgers unwillingness to play this way played a significant role in why he's stuck at one.

Patrick Mahomes Game-Managed the Chiefs to a Super Bowl Title. That’s a Compliment.

It’s like the saying, when the **** hits the fan, you don’t rise to the occasion but sink to the level of your training. In the most tense moments, the team that can just simply execute the fundamentals under stress can win. SF had tons of false starts and the obvious mishandling of a punt that sealed their fate. KC had some slips but they didn’t panic and took what the defense was giving in crunch time. Still, it was their D playing out of their minds that kept them in it to neutralize some of those turnovers early.

I have been somewhat of an AR defender but not taking what LaFleur’s system allowed because it wasn’t his style became even more obvious this year with Love finding his success. Hope we can see what it looks like with all of this talent and now enough experience to not play things robotically.

• Like 2