Acgott

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Final trailer.

Reveal hidden contents

Lady Deadpool (still don't know who is playing her) and Daphne Keene as X-23

I really haven't been into marvel lately but I honestly can't remember being this excited for a movie. Maybe the first deadpool but it's close. 

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Anyone nervous about the director? Best known for cheaper by the dozen, real steel, and the night at the museum movies?

Not really, seen way more from him than most MCU directors.

More recently Free Guy was fun, Adam Project was good for a Netflix movie and he’s been the go to director on Stranger Things. And all those you mentioned were pretty good films for what they were.

• Like 2

I bought tickets yesterday for Friday night. This is going to be the first movie my wife and I see in theaters in over 2 years (since our son was born). We weren't super looking forward to this movie specifically or anything, but it worked out timing wise. I hope it's good!

12 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Anyone nervous about the director? Best known for cheaper by the dozen, real steel, and the night at the museum movies?

Real Steel is great

• Like 3

Just finished seeing it with my teenage daughter - packed theaters, every show sold out tonight.   Some spoiler free thoughts:

First the downsides: 

1.    Don’t go in expecting to get deep character growth or development.   You know the characters and their stories. 

2.  The CGI is pretty cringey.   MCU weakness hasn’t changed there.  

OK - the positives: 

3.   The humor is still there.    And yeah they def went R rated here.    The first scenes where we get callbacks were hilarious - without spoiling anything that makes Thor: Dark World look relevant gets a big kudos from me.    

4.   While the CGI is terrible the action and fun were still there.    The opening,  mid piece and end piece action scenes were hella-fun.  

5.   I said there’s pretty shallow character exposition.    But it’s also because these are characters we know and love.   Jackman & Reynolds were terrific together onscreen.   And yes Jackman just nails Wolverine every time.    

6.  One thing that surprised me  the writers threw in way more character callbacks than I thought was coming.   I would have preferred to not have known X-23 was coming back for sure from the last trailer - but they had a ton left in the tank.  

7.    The soundtrack was amazing.   And the credits / post credit scene definitely gave a great send off.  

It’s not as impactful as the OG Deadpool.    You can’t create that new magical feeling of discovery.   And you know the limitations with MCU movies.     But this was fun.  And frankly for Phase 4-5 it’s def one of the better movies (low bar I know).    Spiderverse / No Way Home / GOTG are still better but this is a solid 8-8.5.       NGL MCU needed this.    Obv it doesn’t mean they’re headed in the right direction but def worth seeing.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 10:28 PM, Kiltman said:

Not really, seen way more from him than most MCU directors.

More recently Free Guy was fun, Adam Project was good for a Netflix movie and he’s been the go to director on Stranger Things. And all those you mentioned were pretty good films for what they were.

Free Guy is definitely underrated.   Plus Real Steel for sure.   

• Like 1