2024 Combine Talk

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

In a good way, Nix has done as expected, so solidifying his spot is a plus for him. 

The one thing that has come up in the pre-draft prospect is him leaving deep balls short. I don't think it's an arm strength issue, and it's not something I've seen in games, but it's an odd thing that I saw at Senior Bowl practices and now at the combine. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

He showed off the arm strength on it go routes but that was really the only positive for him.

He threw the corners well but typically that wouldn't be how you'd complete them in the NFL (i.e. over the outside shoulder). The outbreaking routes to the left side of the field were his worst throws. Outside accuracy inconsistency was something that showed up in games.

Edited by Rich7sena

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Sucks Brock Bowers was not able to participate, would have been very interesting to see him run.  He is kind of getting lost in all of this, especially if he is not even a top 20 selection which some projections are showing.  That would be nuts, but that is what happens when one is hurt and cannot show out like usual.  

Would he have even beat Devin Culp at 4.47?  I do not know.  Not sure he would have honestly.

As for Culp that is nuts how lacking in production he was at Washington, sure they had other weapons to throw to but they also had WR injuries this year.  Jake Westover out performed him on the field at TE no question for Washington this year, sadly he did not participate at the combine but that kid can make some awesome catches and clearly has a better feel for the position than Culp.  Will be interesting what happens with Culp though, maybe he was just used to clear defenses out and just run downfield and take someone with you, but a guy that fast with lacking production, and he was around for a long time, is odd.

I don't see Brock getting past the Rams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Should knock him out of the top 4 WR taken. We all knew he wasn't a burner but that's a pretty poor time. I've been stumping pretty hard for him for a while now. I was expecting closer to 4.55. I think he ran a sub 4.5 in HS. Hopefully he can show a better time before the draft.

Early 2nd rounder.

At a certain point isn't the 40 for a receiver a bit overrated when you're not some fast burner anyway? As long as you are good at everything else

• Like 2