2024 Combine Talk

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I said a while back he has a better shot at TE than he does at QB. Second coming of Logan Thomas?

He’s a poor mans Jamarcus Russell - equally dumb, equal arm strength, more athletic

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

He’s 160 pounds, I’m sure you’ll have a shot unless the Dolphins take him round 1

I guess I’m just thinking of how much that 4.22 forty boosted John Ross or the 4.28 with CJ2k and it’s making me think a team late in the 1st would take that chance on him.

Either way, the depth in this class is pretty insane.

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I guess I’m just thinking of how much that 4.22 forty boosted John Ross or the 4.28 with CJ2k and it’s making me think a team late in the 1st would take that chance on him.

Either way, the depth in this class is pretty insane.

It’s possible, but we knew the dude was fast. Teams would be smart not to count it twice. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

He’s a poor mans Jamarcus Russell - equally dumb, equal arm strength, more athletic

How do you from your couch determine if a person is dumb or not without actually meeting the guy? 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Brian Thomas running 4.33 at 6’4 and over 200 is more impressive to me

I have this strange feeling that McVay is targeting a weapon like him for Stafford at 19 to help the last couple years we have 9. 

7 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I have this strange feeling that McVay is targeting a weapon like him for Stafford at 19 to help the last couple years we have 9. 

The Rams are positioned to go in a ton of directions with where they are positioned in the draft. That said, this draft is too deep at WR for me to think they go there in round 1. You never know though.

Just now, Teen Girl Squad said:

The Rams are positioned to go in a ton of directions with where they are positioned in the draft. That said, this draft is too deep at WR for me to think they go there in round 1. You never know though.

I agree 100%. We have huge needs at CB and Edge which could easily be filled at 19. My point isn't what I want though it's what McVay will want and what he'll do. And getting a weapon for Stafford seems like a very McVay thing for our coach to do. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How do you from your couch determine if a person is dumb or not without actually meeting the guy? 🤔

Season ticket holder to UT - what makes you think I haven’t met him? In fact I’ve met him multiple times including at the Legends of TN Camp when he was backing up Hooker

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

He’s 160 pounds, I’m sure you’ll have a shot unless the Dolphins take him round 1

I know we have a different GM now, but he's a classic Cardinals pick.

This is the team with John Brown, JJ Nelson, Andy Isabella, Rondale Moore, Greg Dortch, and Hollywood Brown on the resumé the last 10 years. The heaviest from that group is Andy Isabella at 188, the tallest is John Brown at 5'11". Just pure speed. 

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

That's about all Milton has for him - dude has no future in the NFL

As a Vols fan, dude is a great guy, but can't throw with touch and can't go through progressions.  First, mayyyybe second read and that's it.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

As a Vols fan, dude is a great guy, but can't throw with touch and can't go through progressions.  First, mayyyybe second read and that's it.

Pretty much - it’s 100mph fastball everytime no matter the situation.  He can also launch it 80yds with the flick of a wrist

17 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Pretty much - it’s 100mph fastball everytime no matter the situation.  He can also launch it 80yds with the flick of a wrist

Lower profile comp with how he plays and the athleticism (though he's slightly smaller): Tyree Jackson. 

• Like 1