2024 Combine Talk

goldfishwars

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's already there tbh.

I’m still seeing fans of teams in the mid-late 1st round talk about grabbing him and mocks having him in the same range. I think he’ll be talked about in the top 10 as we get closer to draft time.

I so badly want Bill Callahan to get a chance to coach him here.

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's already there tbh.

Yeah, Mims is one where we shouldn't be surprised if he goes *way* higher than the draft industrial complex has him going.  Like I could easily see a team in the top 10 preferring Mims to Fashanu or Fuaga if Alt is already gone.

The thing Mock drafters never accurately model is teams looking at a guy and saying "not for me."  Which is I think what vaults Mims over some of the other OTs.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Yeah, Mims is one where we shouldn't be surprised if he goes *way* higher than the draft industrial complex has him going.  Like I could easily see a team in the top 10 preferring Mims to Fashanu or Fuaga if Alt is already gone.

Unless the agility testing goes poorly or he looks stiff in the movement drills, he's literally what scouts and OL coaches are dreaming on.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Unless the agility testing goes poorly or he looks stiff in the movement drills, he's literally what scouts and OL coaches are dreaming on.

Can’t see that, dude absolutely floats around the field. 

• Like 1

Like the only knocks on Mims are medical (which NFL teams now know more about than anybody in the media) and inexperience.  The latter is sort of irrelevant given how little what college offenses do is transferable to the NFL in terms of OL play anyway.

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, this one is such a complete crock of ****.  😆

"Get his teammates more exposure".  lmao.  Like Nabers who also ducked out?  All those other LSU guys that he definitely wasn't stealing attention and exposure from by refusing to even get measured?

Happens every year.

7 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Monti Ossenfort is getting Paris Johnson Jr and another stud first rd OT in b2b drafts.  TG Steve Keim is toast. 

I'm seeing MHJ unless he's picked already.   Kyler needs a weapon with Hollywood brown a free agent

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Fautanu is so twitchy in these drills, total stud 

Anyone who drafts him should automatically be failing him at tackle first. If you draft him and just kick him inside, I think you're doing yourself a disservice. 

• Like 1