2024 Combine Talk

goldfishwars

With more than one OL getting injured running the 40 can we just end the practice of having the big guys run the 40?  Cone and Shuttle times are much more relevant to "what they actually do on the field" so I'd rather have people running those.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Anyone who drafts him should automatically be failing him at tackle first. If you draft him and just kick him inside, I think you're doing yourself a disservice. 

I could see the jags playing him at LG if they draft him which I don't think is likely.

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

I could see the jags playing him at LG if they draft him which I don't think is likely.

I mean, as a rookie you play your OL prospect wherever you get the best 5.  But long term, you want to let somebody show you that they're not a tackle before you slot them at guard forever.  

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I see u don't read Bruce feldmens 25 athletic freaks in the preseason.  

Only knock I have on Wilson is the hands.  He fixes that and he's probably a wr 1.   Could even be a TE convert project.

He's almost the perfect guy to blend your 11 and 12 personnel so you can attack based on the defense's personnel. Put a LB on Wilson amd you're likely toast. If you put a CB or smaller S then he should have a clear advantage for running the outside zone his way.

That's kind of the role I think best fits Bowers if you already have a decent in-line TE.

Just now, Sugashane said:

He's almost the perfect guy to blend your 11 and 12 personnel so you can attack based on the defense's personnel. Put a LB on Wilson amd you're likely toast. If you put a CB or smaller S then he should have a clear advantage for running the outside zone his way.

That's kind of the role I think best fits Bowers if you already have a decent in-line TE.

I kinda want the jags to take Bowers if he somehow falls that far.   Idc about fits.  Him and engram with Kirk and Zay/Ridley/draft pick sounds fun.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

With more than one OL getting injured running the 40 can we just end the practice of having the big guys run the 40?  Cone and Shuttle times are much more relevant to "what they actually do on the field" so I'd rather have people running those.

It will never happen, but I would love for a top guy to say I'll do the drill but I'm really only doing it for the 10yd split and then he'll just sort of coast. And tell teams that up front so he isn't even really running a 40 he's running a 10.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, as a rookie you play your OL prospect wherever you get the best 5.  But long term, you want to let somebody show you that they're not a tackle before you slot them at guard forever.  

I'm still trying to figure out why the jags have essentially wasted a 2 on walker little since they have refused to make him a starter either at RT or LT and to an extent LG. Been 3 years and nothing more then a swing tackle

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

It will never happen, but I would love for a top guy to say I'll do the drill but I'm really only doing it for the 10yd split and then he'll just sort of coast. And tell teams that up front so he isn't even really running a 40 he's running a 10.

If enough OL did that, they'd make the switch.

30 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

It is not a real surprise Fautanu is doing that well, dude was a beast all season and most likely Alt and Fashanu could go ahead of him but I would be shocked if the Jets do not take Fautanu 10th overall.  They need OL help and his OT/OG versatility is interesting.

In terms of pure physical look, JC Latham is extremely well proportioned for a 6-6 342 pound dude.  His base matches his upper body, tree trunk legs, huge feet, huge hands, super long arms.  Dude is put together well and he does not have a thin lower body especially in the ankle area.  Dude is complete, thick, solid and has had a great field workout.  If I was the Saints at 14 Latham would be my guy.  Super impressive physically, is not the athlete Tristian Wirfs is but is very well proportioned body wise upper and lower similar to him.  I do feel Latham might be better at OG or at least start out inside but for sure is not a LT type and more a RT if he is indeed a OT.  

Fuaga is in that mix as well but not sure I would take him over these four.  

Edited by Ozzy

They just talked about this on the broadcast, but super impressive Rome Odunze and trying to be better and get a better time yesterday in the 3 cone, last one on the field and tried it 6 different times.  Impressive work ethic!  

Dude should be a multi time Pro Bowl level talent no question about it.  Should be the clear #2 WR off the board, dude is a potential star.  If the Bears get Rome at #9, watch out with he and Caleb Williams.

How much you want to bet they play this before the break next season on a Fox broadcast after Rome scores a TD.  

• Like 1