I am looking for a team to follow outside of the Browns

Kiwibrown

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm just worried about the health of Stallyns is all. 

My health is fine, no worries. After we fire Polian and Caldwell and hire a better staff we’ll be fantastic. We just got to make sure we hold onto the #1 pick to get Luck. Have him spend one year behind Manning and turn him loose

19 minutes ago, DawgX said:

But I'm disappointed in you, @Kiwibrown. I know it's tough being a Browns fan, but it builds character... along with a deep sense of melancholy. But I'm going down with the ship! The ship that has been sinking since as long as I've been a fan...

That ship sank a long time ago.

And our ship isn't far behind.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I may divorce the Browns. I may not. I may leave them and if they come ok I will go back to them. As a Browns fan i have put up wit ha lot over the last 20 years. We are at rock bottom and now digging. 

Im definitely thinking of becoming a swinger for the rest of the year and next year. 

Im not going to go for anyone else in the AFC north. Or the Patriots. 

Who should I follow?

Can't blame you a bit.  You've put in your time and the organization has not done right by you.

I suggest:

Minnesota - they've never won a SB but seem to be on the rise

LAC - maybe with a new infusion of money, the Spanos family will build a winner  (Ditto about the SB)   Eli manning would love it.  

G-Men - Giants are long-standing blue collar team with a great organization

or Stay with the Orange - Broncos are a rock-solid organization too

Were it any team besides the Browns, I'd have to agree with the "stick it out, and don't be fickle" mentality. But I've set it numerous times throughout the past couple of years, Cleveland is football hell. From the Ownership and management, to the players, to the fans, everyone in there is being punished for... something. What that is we may never know, but it's been so damn long now that they've been so bad that there is just something about them that isn't what could be considered the natural cycle of progression and regression.

As for who to root for. None of us here can tell you that. My suggestion is to just watch about 3 NFL games per week, and see who piques your interest and leaving you wanting to watch more consistently, even if they aren't always successful.

I think I would least pick an out of conference team if I had to jump ship. As a 49ers fan I've always had a fixation with Tennessee and Houston. Probably because I liked a few players that made their careers in both cities. Either one of those franchises would be the closest to a second team for me.

Good luck finding another team.

1 hour ago, bzane said:

Don't do it!!!!!!!

When 2 people truly love each other, these occasional problems can be worked out:

Ill play devils advocate. Get lawyered up, hit the gym and find a new younger model. The Jags would seem to fit the bill, but maybe check out tinder for NFL teams and just see what happens. 

Edit - I actually ran across a tinder profile that said "Im from Ohio and was born a Browns fan. Ive divorced them so dont expect me to put up with a poopy relationship" (something along those lines).

You didn't support the Browns because they were winners. So why ditch them because they're losers?

It's your team, and you know it. You can go and follow another team, even a good one, but you won't feel anything. Just a bit more dirty for it.

Besides, it's going to turn anyway. The Darnold or Chosen Rosen baby!

or well, Baker when the other two stay in school to avoid us.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO! big improvements coming next season, I'm calling it! One win season.

9 minutes ago, RedRider said:

A Patriots fan getting on a high horse over a life-long Browns fan gets wary of extreme losing. Ok.

Sorry that I didn't grow up in the 80's and deal with them drafting Tony Eason over Dan Marino and consequently getting curbstomped by the Bears in the Super Bowl or when they nearly moved to St. Louis cuz they were a worthless franchise back then.

4 minutes ago, everlong said:

Sorry that I didn't grow up in the 80's and deal with them drafting Tony Eason over Dan Marino and consequently getting curbstomped by the Bears in the Super Bowl or when they nearly moved to St. Louis cuz they were a worthless franchise back then.

Or that time they had a -265 point differential and sexually harassed reporters in the locker room.

Those were much simpler times.

1 minute ago, everlong said:

The Browns would love to get curbstomped in a Super Bowl. And they actually did get moved to another city, and not because they were worthless. They were pretty good and onto something... with Billy boy. 

There's no comparison. Your frustration when Cutler balled out the other night is what a Browns fan feels every single weekend. And it lingers every day of the week. So basically every day.

You can't run away from your team, it's not right, but you can understand why a Browns fan perhaps has more extenuating circumstances than any other.

I think it would be fun to be a Browns fan.  Don't have to worry about how well you'll do in the playoffs, just get to watch and root for one win a week without looking at the big picture.  Never know, this offseason could be the offseason things finally turn around for them.  Just stick to your team. 

Take it from someone who "divorced" the team they used to root for.  Just watch NFL Redzone, NFL prime time games and enjoy football.  It's better than rooting for a team that either manages to win it one year before falling completely back into obscurity or doing a job for the Patriots year after year.  Lookin' at you, American Football Conference.  I'd give Dorsey a year or two before you give the Browns up, at least to see if he can make something out of all of that money and all of those picks.  

Archived