Packers Signing RB Josh Jacobs

15 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

I was implying he thought he would get a 2 year deal, say for 14-16m, with the likelihood of getting at least 10m out of it.  So in his mind, leaving GB would give him a shot at another 4.5+ million in career earnings.  Understandable to walk in those circumstances.  Turns out the market wasn’t there though.  

Update: Jones thought he was gonna get Derrick Henry’s deal IMO

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If JK Dobbins is cheap, I'm a little bit interested there, too.

could be a low-risk high reward guy if he's achilles is as good as QAaron's

Dobbins is talented as all get out but I'm sure we're trying to get away from injury risk players. If he's cheap, sure. The upside is there for that type of play. You can still draft a RB early too.

Count me as an Emmanuel Wilson fan. I called him making the roster when I went to the earlier training camps. I think we found something there. I still would like a quicker back in the Jones mold. It sounds like this draft has more of those types than bigger backs.

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Talent is/was undeniable but he's played 9 games over the last 3 seasons, missing 2021 entirely and getting 1 gm out of him last year.     Ravens barely used him in the passing game even when healthy, although they rarely used any of their backs there.  Would be interested to see his receiving chops.    Can't imagine he'll be anything but dirt cheap at this point until he can prove he can play and stay on the field.    One of the few backs I'd rather sign Dillon over, just cause I don't think he's going to be available much.   Would be an interesting one though, that talent/upside is tough to quit on

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think he's a guy you bring in if he isn't signed during the season on an as-needed basis.

Too many injuries too quickly in his career to make a part of your plan.

58 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

The reports are the staff like Emanuel Wilson.  I don’t think they will take a RB high.  I think Wilson has big upside too

There is no way Gute is heading into 2024 with Wilson at RB2.  I am very much expecting GB to take a day 2 RB.  RD4 at the absolute latest, and that is only because this RB class should have some guys in RD4 that are of interest to GB.

Henry -2/16/9
Jones 1/7/?
Mixon - traded. 1/6.1 for texans plus draft compensation
Zack Moss - 2/8/4.5
Saquon - 3/37/26
Jacobs - 4/48/12.5
Ekeler -2/11/4
Pollard - 3/24/?
Swift - 3/24/15.3
Singletary 3/16.5/?
Edwards -2/6.5./3.5
Gibson - 3/11.3/5.3

Of the listed names, I think Henry, Zack Moss, Jacobs, Edwards are the type of back the packers want.  
I'm a bigger fan of the edwards and Zack Moss deals than the Jacobs one since they are markedly cheaper.

Gibson/Singletary/Pollard/Swift would have been outside zone options to replace Jones, or The cost to keep Jones was $5M for 1 year.

You have to go into the draft looking for a RB assuming Jacobs gets hurt and your RB is one dimensional Wilson.

You want a versatile RB who can run and catch and be able to pound the ball between the tackles if needed.  In other words carry the load and take a pounding.  You need a guy who keeps the offense balanced with run/catch capabilities.  They are out there, you gotta find one.

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

You have to go into the draft looking for a RB assuming Jacobs gets hurt and your RB is one dimensional Wilson.

You want a versatile RB who can run and catch and be able to pound the ball between the tackles if needed.  In other words carry the load and take a pounding.  You need a guy who keeps the offense balanced with run/catch capabilities.  They are out there, you gotta find one.

Sounds like Trey Benson to me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Henry -2/16/9
Jones 1/7/?
Mixon - traded. 1/6.1 for texans plus draft compensation
Zack Moss - 2/8/4.5
Saquon - 3/37/26
Jacobs - 4/48/12.5
Ekeler -2/11/4
Pollard - 3/24/?
Swift - 3/24/15.3
Singletary 3/16.5/?
Edwards -2/6.5./3.5
Gibson - 3/11.3/5.3

Of the listed names, I think Henry, Zack Moss, Jacobs, Edwards are the type of back the packers want.  
I'm a bigger fan of the edwards and Zack Moss deals than the Jacobs one since they are markedly cheaper.

Gibson/Singletary/Pollard/Swift would have been outside zone options to replace Jones, or The cost to keep Jones was $5M for 1 year.

We got us a Barkley light in my opinion. Best back on that board of guys you listed and will be a great addition here. Wroth the money. I believe we'll see it early and often this coming year. He'll be a huge plus for this offense and throw in a speedy, good sized rook with goods hands to offset and Wilson for the garbage time or Dillon if no one wants him. 

25 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Sounds like Trey Benson to me! 

Looking for a guy like Jamal Williams (not him, but just like him).  A guy who can carry the load in Jacobs absence and develop. Can catch and handle carries between the tackles  Perfect.  Gotta find one in the draft.

Benson very well may be that guy.

I trust Gute and his scouts.  Think Jacobs, like jones, may be able to get what the blocking allows and sometimes more.  
am also hoping he’s better short-yardage quickness/power combination than either jones or Dillon. A boost in short yardage and goal line stuff may not help yards per carry but can make td over field goal or keep a crucial possession