Texans trade 23rd pick to Vikings for 42nd, 188th, and 2025 2nd

minutemancl

Yeah, I can't imagine #3 Patriots is an option either.

the Highest realistic scenario is #4 Cardinals. This is Minnesota trading the farm-lite for the 4th QB in the draft.  

I like us being aggressive to find a franchise QB via the draft, but being aggressive for just the 4th overall QB... eh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, howru8888 said:

What about 11,23 and the 2025 1st to LAC for Herbert. Harbaugh drafts his guy JJ at 5, OT at 11, and a WR like Leggett at 23?

I’m no cap magician, but it appears Herbert has an untradeable contract for a few years.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, howru8888 said:

What about 11,23 and the 2025 1st to LAC for Herbert. Harbaugh drafts his guy JJ at 5, OT at 11, and a WR like Leggett at 23?

With Herbert's new contract,  LAC would take on like an extra $89M in dead cap.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

but to the point of the Vikings trading for the Chargers' #5 for a QB, Harbaugh would rather send said QB to us as opposed to AFC Divisional foes Denver or Vegas.

so there's that.

Good point.  Might be a higher price for division teams vs non division 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Good point.  Might be a higher price for division teams vs non division 

might even be an unwillingness to deal, without an exorbitant ransom being paid. even then, Chargers/Harbaugh might refuse.

4 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

What if they don't like any of the top guys?  Maybe they would be better off taking those picks and grabbing Penix or Nix later.  Just a thought.  They may very well end up doing what you said and just take a guy at 2.  I'm just throwing out some possibilities.

Then they wouldn't have dealt Howell.  Washington is locked into a QB at 2.  The only question is who?

• Like 2

Not really sure why LAC has become such a hot discussion topic vis a vis the trade up for QB4 chatter. 

How is that going to work, in practice? You obviously can’t do it before the draft, because you’ll leave a pick between you and the top 3 for the other teams to target and jump you. 

So our concept is that we love this QB enough to trade a massive pile of assets to get him, and we know that potentially 3-4 other teams are also in the mix, bidding against us — but we’re going to sweat out the Arizona pick and hope they stay put, to try to save a bit of additional draft capital?

I don’t think that’s realistic. I think Arizona is the only target. Someone will make it worth their while. And if you want to land your QB4, it’ll have to be you. 

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like you have to assume that things have changed regarding how New England drafts now.  Belichick was highly specific on roles he wanted guys to play, which resulted in some truly Strange overdrafting because the other guy who could fill that role was gone.  Elliot Wolf runs the draft room now and he's probably a lot more like his dad and more like conventional Green Bay, in that he'd rather draft "an OL" than "a LG".

“Strange drafting”

very good Cabbage 

• Like 2

I hope for the Vikings sake that whomever they plan on moving up for they sit for a full year.

I’m confident enough in their coaching staff they could get one ready, but the benefit of sitting a QB in today’s NFL cannot be overstated.

Especially if they’re on a team with an established staff that isn’t in danger of getting the axe.

I’d love for the Vikings to win a Super Bowl so my best friend could experience that euphoria. 

• Like 2