Texans trade 23rd pick to Vikings for 42nd, 188th, and 2025 2nd

minutemancl

21 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

So just like...put a freeze on guessing or trying to glean any little bits of information from any other sources outside the Washington (Keim) media?  Because he doesn't know, nobody knows anything at all ever.  Stop speculating, immediately!!!

The world marches on.  Most of it is probably fluff.  But if that's all there is to go on, that's what everyone is going to go on.  And right now, most of the little shreds of anything are pointing toward Daniels.

Ben Standig and Mina Kimes said the same thing. Mina is a national reporter. 

These would never happen, but I'm bored at work:

3 Team Trade:

MIN GETS:
2nd Overall (WAS)

WAS GETS:
4th Overall (ARI)
27th Overall (ARI)
35th Overall (ARI)
2025 3RP (MIN)

ARI GETS:
11th Overall (MIN)
40th Overall (WAS)
23rd Overall (MIN)
2025 1RP (MIN)

Rich Hill TVC +/-:
MIN: -98
ARI: +55
WAS: +43

OR:

MIN GETS:
2nd Overall (WAS)

WAS GETS:
5th Overall (LAC)
69th Overall (LAC)
2025 1RP (MIN)
2025 3RP (MIN)

LAC GETS:
11th Overall (MIN)
23rd Overall (MIN)

Rich Hill TVC +/-:
MIN: -98
LAC: +64
WAS: +34

Minnesota gets Maye
Washington gets...McCarthy + more talent
Arizona/LAC get BPAs

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

But i also can't help but laugh, imagining a conversation between Drake Maye and KOC.  Just a pair of southern Bros politely vibing.  😆

O'Connell a southern boy? Huh?

He grew up north of San Diego and went to school there too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Ben Standig and Mina Kimes said the same thing. Mina is a national reporter. 

Mina is a national television presenter.  Has she ever had a scoop on anything, ever?

I'm not sure what you're even arguing here.  "Nobody knows what will happen"?  Because yeah, that's true.

But in the meantime, it's open range on speculation.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

O'Connell a southern boy? Huh?

He grew up north of San Diego and went to school there too.

I mean, i know you've listened to a ton of his Press Conferences.  Ya'll didn't pick up even a hint of Southern Bro artifacting?  It's clear as day to me.  It's not loud *** deep south drawl.  It's Southern Bro.  idk where on earth it comes from, probably his parents.  And then just being surrounded with similar Southern Bros to keep it going.  Because Football.

But Maye is identical, slightly less developed.  The Bro overtakes the Southern in a big way.  He speaks exactly the same way as KOC is the main thing.  And it's hilarious.

Just put on some clips of the two on a randomized playlist and try to pick 'em apart tbh.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Mina is a national t̶e̶l̶e̶v̶i̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ p̶r̶e̶s̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ treasure.  Has she ever had a scoop on anything, ever?

Fixed, you filthy Canadian.  Don't go insulting America's treasure.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2024 at 12:03 PM, lavar703 said:

There's almost nothing linking us to Daniels beyond mock drafts. None of our insiders or anything from the team has linked them to Daniels. Most of the local beat guys seem to think Maye is the more plausible outcome. I have no clue how Daniels suddenly became the overwhelming favorite at two when almost nothing has changed since the end of the college season?

Truth is, nobody knows. The money/media drive those gambling odds and they swing wildly.  When the 49ers ended up taking Trey Lance, nobody knew for sure.  Mac Jones, Fields, and Lance were all either favored or in the +900 range at different points throughout the process.. draft night Lance was the longest of the 3 at like +450 (pretty sure anyway.. it might have been Mac -a lot, Lance +400, Fields +900)

Edited by adamq
  • Like 3

On 3/19/2024 at 6:58 AM, Tugboat said:

Washington's pick is absolutely not in play, whatsoever.  They traded Howell.  They're taking a QB.

Pick #3 is where the draft really "starts".  At the NE Pick.  Where they could use a QB...but with an entirely new regime with massive turnover just starting the process of de-Billifying the Patriots...i think there's at least reason to think they'd consider deferring that QB pick at least a year, if someone comes up with a huge package to trade up for QB3.

I don't understand why the narrative out there is that WAS are closed for business but NE are saying show me the money. Not picking on you specifically as it's the common thought out there right now, but there's a lot of similarities between both teams where I don't get where that comes from. 

Both teams have new coaching staffs and eras if you like, both teams traded away last years starters, both teams signed clear bridge QBs on 1 year deals. Yeah we have needs on offense, but we both won the same amount of games, so why can they say no to 3 1st round picks but we can't? Just curious is all.

From a fan perspective, I hate the thought of trading back. You get the picks, build the roster over a couple of years and then what? End up like the Vikings right now needing to find a trade partner and giving away a haul to get your guy? Throw in next years QB class not looking as strong and I don't see the logic. If you like the top 3/4 guys you take one, don't overthink it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ToonPatriot said:

I don't understand why the narrative out there is that WAS are closed for business but NE are saying show me the money. Not picking on you specifically as it's the common thought out there right now, but there's a lot of similarities between both teams where I don't get where that comes from. 

Both teams have new coaching staffs and eras if you like, both teams traded away last years starters, both teams signed clear bridge QBs on 1 year deals. Yeah we have needs on offense, but we both won the same amount of games, so why can they say no to 3 1st round picks but we can't? Just curious is all.

From a fan perspective, I hate the thought of trading back. You get the picks, build the roster over a couple of years and then what? End up like the Vikings right now needing to find a trade partner and giving away a haul to get your guy? Throw in next years QB class not looking as strong and I don't see the logic. If you like the top 3/4 guys you take one, don't overthink it.

I mean...the simplest part of this is...

Washington have pick #2.  New England have pick #3.

That means that Washington get second crack at the QB they want.  New England are in a weird situation where...they get the leftovers.  Whether that's the guy they like or not, is hugely influential in what they do.

It's also just part of the whole process where...the #2 pick having their second crack at whichever QB they like...you're kind of obligated to make that selection.  The Patriots are free and clear of that.  If they don't like the guy that falls as QB3...there's really nothing pressing them to make that QB pick right now.  If they love the guy?  That's the pick.  Easy.  If they don't...they've got options.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ToonPatriot said:

I don't understand why the narrative out there is that WAS are closed for business but NE are saying show me the money.

didn't WASH though trade away their starting QB, and NE signed a stop gap free agent QB?

that creates a significant difference between the two teams and their draft needs, no?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

didn't WASH though trade away their starting QB, and NE signed a stop gap free agent QB?

that creates a significant difference between the two teams and their draft needs, no?

New England also traded away their starting QB though.

• Like 1