Fields to Pittsburgh

BroncoSojia

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

Khan ( Steelers GM) basically traded Pickett for Fields.

As a Bears fan I honestly would have rather gotten Pickett for Fields straight up vs a conditional 6th round pick in 2025. That return is just an insult to me 

This is coming from someone who in his heart knew full well that Justin's time was up in Chicago...I just can't believe this is the measly return they got 

For all of Poles good moves he has some equally bad head scratchers and this is one of them. Just completely misplayed the situation 

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

As a Bears fan I honestly would have rather gotten Pickett for Fields straight up vs a conditional 6th round pick in 2025. That return is just an insult to me 

This is coming from someone who in his heart knew full well that Justin's time was up in Chicago...I just can't believe this is the measly return they got 

For all of Poles good moves he has some equally bad head scratchers and this is one of them. Just completely misplayed the situation 

You should be happy you got anything for him at all and didnt have to just cut him. What did you honestly think he would net in a trade?

15 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think the league understood perfectly that the problem with Fields is basically the same problem that Marcus Mariota had- he doesn't see it fast enough for a guy who will not throw it if he doesn't see it.

The thing is, with an organization like Pittsburgh I think that can work.  They clearly haven't needed much from their quarterback to put together winning seasons the last few and Fields is better than PIckett.

I was lower than most on Fields because of his slow processing, but he has shown elite running ability and very good downfield passing. I find it really strange that guys like Pickett, Howell, and Darnold are viewed as more valuable options.

Teams hold hard onto their pre-draft evaluation of players, and it seems like Fields may have slipped pretty far if the Bears didn't make a move for him in the draft.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It is kind of amazing that the Commanders got more for Sam Howell than the Bears did for Fields.  Yes, Fields has (perhaps critical) flaws, but the NFL loves traits...

It’s all about the contract. Howell makes much less and Fields has a 5th year option decision 

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I was lower than most on Fields because of his slow processing, but he has shown elite running ability and very good downfield passing. I find it really strange that guys like Pickett, Howell, and Darnold are viewed as more valuable options.

Teams hold hard onto their pre-draft evaluation of players, and it seems like Fields may have slipped pretty far if the Bears didn't make a move for him in the draft.

I don't think it's strange, all three of them are more traditional QBs that can be plugged into almost any offense. 

Edited by StatKing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I don't think it's strange at all, all three of them are more traditional QBs that can be plugged into almost any offense. 

Neither Pickett or Darnold have proven to be better traditional QBs than Fields. Howell arguably. All three have been benched. Fields has never been benched.

Edited by Rich7sena