2024 NFC North = War Zone?

On 3/23/2024 at 8:40 AM, Danger said:

Bears. Better QB, better defense, and probably better weapons after respective #1s with JJ obviously being far and away the best.

Wow, it sure feels good to see those three words lined up next to each other for the first time in my life!  I sure hope he lives up to the hype. 

On 4/1/2024 at 6:28 PM, Louis Friend said:

Detroit will DOMINATE the North!! And by dominate, I mean win 10+ games and make the playoffs. Until the draft happens and we get a clearer look at the rosters, that’s where I’m at. I’m not interested in winning in April, I want to win in January/February. 

I think it's only fair we give Detroit the "Pro Bowl" treatment.  It took a while for people to give the Lions the respect they deserve, so even if there could be another team that could unseat them now (which is questionable anyway), Detroit should get their due respect until someone proves they are better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Wow, it sure feels good to see those three words lined up next to each other for the first time in my life!  I sure hope he lives up to the hype. 

Narrator's voice: ...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Narrator's voice: ...

I don't like how he assumed Caleb's gender. Have you seen their phone and their wallet and their makeup and their nails and their highheels and and and...🤬🤬🤬🤬

== Offensive & W/L Ease of Schedule, Run/Pass Tilt+Blocking, Draft =

Off W/L 0402 Rn/P     Ps     Rn || Off Ofns  Def Dfns | Dr Cap-Draft
EoS EoS 2024 Tilt  TA-Bl  RE Bl || PFF DVOA  PFF DVOA | Cp Spc $$$$M
                                ||                    | 
7th  14 Detr R-14  13  3   7  4 || 3rd  5th   13 10th | 28 7th  26.9
9th  22 Minn  P-4   8  1  18 24 || 2nd 17th   16  9th | 12  15  17.6
18. 8th Chic  R-1  28 11   3  8 ||  31 24th   24 25th |  3  12  23.3
19. 7th G.B. P-10   5  6  11 21 ||  23 19th   14 24th |  5  13  21.4

Detroit has too much talent on paper (PFF) and on the field (DVOA) and too soft an offensive schedule to be caught unless the Vikings score a brilliant QB in the draft.  Otherwise Minny will struggle to avoid being DFL in this division.  The Lions might score another veteran in free agency but I don't expect many fireworks in the draft.  Detroit's superior Run Efficiency and blocking will be decisive.

Chicago and Green Bay will fight for third or, more likely, second.   A good passer would vault the Bears over the Packers but history is very much against them in that regard.  A focus on the ground game might work for the Bears but that isn't where their minds are.  The Pack's run game will continue to deteriorate but their On Target/Average Depth of Target ("TA") will keep them competitive, especially if their defence can stop underperforming.

Nothing is final before the draft but if I had to pick a dark horse #2 finisher I'd go with Green Bay.  It's close but I'd guess that the NFC-North will produce a wild card team this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Nothing is final before the draft but if I had to pick a dark horse #2 finisher I'd go with Green Bay.  It's close but I'd guess that the NFC-North will produce a wild card team this year.

I'm not sure how that Green Bay is a dark horse, when most think they'll finish either first or second in the division.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:49 PM, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I think it's only fair we give Detroit the "Pro Bowl" treatment.  It took a while for people to give the Lions the respect they deserve, so even if there could be another team that could unseat them now (which is questionable anyway), Detroit should get their due respect until someone proves they are better.

*insert tip of the hat gif here* 

• Like 1

In the immortal words of Ric Flair, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!  Wooooooo!"

The man in that division right now is the Detroit Lions.  

I wondered if their division win was a "fluke".  Quickly came to the conclusion that no, no it is not.  The team has drafted well.  They weathered the storm of a young roster and young HC and now they have evolved into a very good team.  Will the HC keep making mistakes to hold this team down some?  I don't know.  But I do feel like the HC will not keep them from being frontrunners in the division.

Lions assembled this team with that coach while GB transitioned QB's and now while Minnesota is trying to do the same.  Bears are still trying to figure out the QB position and also improving their roster.

All of this points to the Lions being the best in the division, for right now.  GB is an up and coming team, as evidenced last year.  Bears should get Williams and their roster is better than it has been in a long time.  Minnesota is weaker all across that roster.

Flair Woo GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

In the immortal words of Ric Flair, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!  Wooooooo!"

The man in that division right now is the Detroit Lions.  

I wondered if their division win was a "fluke".  Quickly came to the conclusion that no, no it is not.  The team has drafted well.  They weathered the storm of a young roster and young HC and now they have evolved into a very good team.  Will the HC keep making mistakes to hold this team down some?  I don't know.  But I do feel like the HC will not keep them from being frontrunners in the division.

Lions assembled this team with that coach while GB transitioned QB's and now while Minnesota is trying to do the same.  Bears are still trying to figure out the QB position and also improving their roster.

All of this points to the Lions being the best in the division, for right now.  GB is an up and coming team, as evidenced last year.  Bears should get Williams and their roster is better than it has been in a long time.  Minnesota is weaker all across that roster.

Flair Woo GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Detroit had a lot of early picks from being bad and from riches of QB trade.  Hitting on St. Brown really helped as well.  It is not a surprise they were good last year.  It is more a surprise they were so bad for so long prior to all that.

Bears will have a QB later this month and were coming for you Richard heads real soon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure how that Green Bay is a dark horse, when most think they'll finish either first or second in the division.

Few are betting on Green Bay but many of us are willing to wager against the Bears and Vikes.  If Minny lands a rookie QB who, in his first year, is as good as Kirk Cousins, they'll beat Green Bay handily.  If they get a pivot who is as good as Kirk Cousins having a career year (as he was when injured), the Vikings beat Detroit.  Let's assume neither of those will happen.

Chicago's defence is as bad as Green Bay's but the Packers have shown a pattern of underperforming there.  Chicago is just plain bad but at least they play on par with their [lack of] talent.  Is it too much to ask the Bears to get their first two picks right?  Probably, but if they do fill those two critical gaping holes on offence they pull away from the Pack.

The presence of awful is easier to solve than the absence of good.

3 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Few are betting on Green Bay but many of us are willing to wager against the Bears and Vikes.  If Minny lands a rookie QB who, in his first year, is as good as Kirk Cousins, they'll beat Green Bay handily.  If they get a pivot who is as good as Kirk Cousins having a career year (as he was when injured), the Vikings beat Detroit.  Let's assume neither of those will happen.

Chicago's defence is as bad as Green Bay's but the Packers have shown a pattern of underperforming there.  Chicago is just plain bad but at least they play on par with their [lack of] talent.  Is it too much to ask the Bears to get their first two picks right?  Probably, but if they do fill those two critical gaping holes on offence they pull away from the Pack.

The presence of awful is easier to solve than the absence of good.

Hmm yeah.. there's a lot to unpack here. 

I'll just say your opinion doesn't seem very informed.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Hmm yeah.. there's a lot to unpack here. 

I'll just say your opinion doesn't seem very informed.

Yes, this guy doesn’t seem to really know what he is talking about. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Detroit had a lot of early picks from being bad and from riches of QB trade.  Hitting on St. Brown really helped as well.  It is not a surprise they were good last year.  It is more a surprise they were so bad for so long prior to all that.

Bears will have a QB later this month and were coming for you Richard heads real soon.

LOL!

GB has been hearing that for oh, I don't know. 30 years now!

• Like 2