2024 NFC North = War Zone?

I think you have to say as of today Det. is still favorite and GB is 2nd.

I think Chgo moves to 3rd based off offseason additions and later offseason addition of Sweat last year and MN losing Cousins.  

MN losing Cousins and is going to start Darnold or a rookie QB.  Either way is a downgrade for this season. Though there is a lot of offensive talent around QB.

MN defense is still below avg. overall talentwise - Flores made chicken salad out of chicken poop with very aggressive play calling sending many and dropping many.  Not sure if he can keep doing that with same effectiveness.  We'll see.   

GB and Det. still have to pay their QBs again soon which will makes things a bit tighter against cap going forward against MN and Chgo who are resetting at QB, but not for this season.  

Det. needs Williams to step up more at WR.  If that happens Det. becomes a lot better and is a clear favorite. 

Everyone is thin on Oline.  1 or 2 injuries will sink any of the teams.  GB seems to historically weather Oline injuries better than others though.

Like someone above said.  You still have to play the games.  A lot can happen between now and next Jan.  

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 9:19 AM, CasperX22 said:

Looking at current depth charts, I disagree.  The only thing you can argue in the Bears favor is a better QB and even that remains to be seen.  Vikings are also a better coached team.  I'd take that bet 

...did we forget that the Vikings have a better TE, better RB1, and arguably better WR2? Or at least trending that way. I LOVE Keenan Allen and I hope he can find his way into the Hall one day, but he IS aging. I think his game translates into his mid 30s, but I also might be wrong. And if Jordan Addison isn't better now, he will be soon. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 1:41 AM, incognito_man said:

Green Bay will be a #1 seed contender. Detroit will be a #5 seed contender. Bears and Vikings will be bad.

#1 in DVOA. Winning doesn't matter. Get the parade started early! 

• Like 3

I’m not sure about a war zone. I expect two of Green Bay/Detroit/Chicago to be fighting for the division, and the third to be fighting for a playoff spot. So it’ll be tough in the sense that they have three competitive teams. My expectation as of now is Minnesota to be 4th. 

Not like the AFC North, where you have 4 teams that you could see having 10+ wins.

On 3/28/2024 at 11:31 AM, dll2000 said:

think you have to say as of today Det. is still favorite and GB is 2nd.

Nah.

Not if you live in the present with an eye toward the future. 

Look at the 2nd half of 2023 and project forward. 

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Wrong North division that's going to be a war zone. AFCN is that division.

Lamar, Russell Wilson / Justin Fields, Joey Burrow, Defendant #1 all in the same division should have all 4 teams once again at least competing for the playoffs.

I think the Browns win around 5-7 games this season personally 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why the downfall?

I mean, I’m probably at peak negative Nancy territory and borderline scorched earth, so that’s probably a reason.

But they also have the 2nd place schedule and I just don’t see their defense replicating what they did this past season, mostly because of the clear disparity between home and the road splits.

Watson is a fraud, he’s so intimidated by Flacco the organization went with Winston as the backup, absolutely predictable.

Let’s just hope Nick Chubb comes back healthy.

• Like 1

Detroit will DOMINATE the North!! And by dominate, I mean win 10+ games and make the playoffs. Until the draft happens and we get a clearer look at the rosters, that’s where I’m at. I’m not interested in winning in April, I want to win in January/February. 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2024 at 11:09 AM, incognito_man said:

Nah.

Not if you live in the present with an eye toward the future. 

Look at the 2nd half of 2023 and project forward. 

More 4th quarter game killing INTs from Love?

Now that's some juicy content I can live with!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

More 4th quarter game killing INTs from Love?

Now that's some juicy content I can live with!!

Who's going to tell him Det and GB had the same record in the final 9 regular season games.

• Like 1