2024 MLB Gameday Thread

Thelonebillsfan

The Athletic - Clayton Kershaw sees the flurry of pitching injuries that has dominated the conversation around the sport and has thoughts. Among them: He doesn’t have an answer.

“If someone says, ‘I have it figured out,’ I wouldn’t listen to them,” Kershaw told The Athletic. But the three-time Cy Young Award winner and longtime Los Angeles Dodgers franchise face is willing to listen.

“I’m very wary of people that think they have it all figured out when all of this is still happening,” he said. “If you had it figured out, you would’ve told somebody and made a billion dollars. You know what I mean? Nobody knows.”

///

Really Clayton? Nobody knows?

Gotta say, having an ace come in to set the tone after a rough game is something great.  We haven’t seen a pitcher like Burnes in Baltimore since Mussina.  While it might only be for a year, he’s that dude and it was a great decision to bring him in. 

Now, if we can just fix the bullpen……

Last night, Craig Kimbrel notches a save to tie Billy Wagner for 7th on the all-time list, and Colton Cowson doesn’t think anything of it and “yeeted” the ball into the stands.  Thankfully for him, he yeeted it hard enough that it went over the fans and landed in the fountain at Kaufman Stadium.  He had to have one of the stadium attendants get it out.  

Today, Cowser absolutely smashed a home run that went into, you guessed it, the fountain.  

Baseball is kinda wild.  

3 hours ago, Livewire said:

Never seen this ever happen before. The ump should be disciplined.

I saw my college assistant coach get tossed for something he didn’t say that a relief pitcher keeping the scorebook beside him said. 10/10 comedy, would recommend. 

22 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Heston Kjerstad, come on down, you are next on This Prospect Is Next, Baltimore edition.  

Its about time, but a rough start for him.  He has been red hot so far. Mayo should be close behind but there is nowhere for him to play.  Maybe they send Holiday back down with his struggles but other than that where would they play him?  Tough situation for you guys lol.    We will take Mayo off your hands for Manning and some relievers.  

Will be interesting to see which prospects are next.  James Wood seems like he is on the cusp and Skenes obviously should be up in May.