Rashee Rice wanted in Dallas in connection to accident

warfelg

29 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

In addition to what @warfelg linked and said about him currently cooperating, he's also not under arrest. There's no real turning yourself in when there's no warrant out for your arrest. Things are still in the fact finding phase right now. They want to talk with him, and it sounds as though that's likely happening.

Yeah that's major factor. Massive difference between dodging questioning & hiding from an arrest warrant

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

What an idiot. Like can we just have one good WR that’s not completely stupid? Is that too much to ask? 

3 rings means you can’t complain or pretend to somehow be a victim at all for at least 4 decades

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

3 rings means you can’t complain or pretend to somehow be a victim at all for at least 4 decades

Yeah you gotta be like most broadcasters and act like the 90s Cowboys dynasty never ended

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Forge said:

As you said, you just never know with the NFL. Others have killed people before and come back (at least twice between Little and Stallworth). 

I think they benefited from social media not being as much of a thing as it is now.  Little's incident was in 1998.  Stallworth's in 2009 and IIRC, his incident happened the following morning and the victim was jaywalking.  He always took full responsibility for it, but it wasn't as "bad" as what Ruggs did (I'm not all that familiar with the details behind Little's manslaughter).

We'll find out in due time but my feeling is the reaction to bringing back someone like Henry Ruggs would get a lot more negative PR nowadays than it would back in 1999 or 2010.  Especially with how easy it is to go find photos or videos of the crash.

But like you said... it is the NFL/professional sports.  So we'll see.  

Edited by iknowcool

11 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I think they benefited from social media not being as much of a thing as it is now.  Little's incident was in 1998.  Stallworth's in 2009 and IIRC, his incident happened the following morning and the victim was jaywalking.  He always took full responsibility for it, but it wasn't as "bad" as what Ruggs did (I'm not all that familiar with the details behind Little's manslaughter).

We'll find out in due time but my feeling is the reaction to bringing back someone like Henry Ruggs would get a lot more negative PR nowadays than it would back in 1999 or 2010.  Especially with how easy it is to go find photos or videos of the crash.

But like you said... it is the NFL/professional sports.  So we'll see.  

It was an absolute joke.

Keep in mind, DUI laws in Missouri at large and especially in St. Louis were absurdly lenient due to the presence of Anheuser-Busch. I can't imagine it's still legal, but back in the day in Missouri it was legal to have an open can of alcohol in a car that is currently driving as long as the driver wasn't drinking it.

I don't remember all the details, but Little blew 0.2 or somewhere around there, so he was effectively blackout drunk, and all he got was 90 days and probation. And, as if he was determined to be the case study of why lenient DUI laws don't work, he was convicted of DUI again a few years later.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It was an absolute joke.

Keep in mind, DUI laws in Missouri at large and especially in St. Louis were absurdly lenient due to the presence of Anheuser-Busch. I can't imagine it's still legal, but back in the day in Missouri it was legal to have an open can of alcohol in a car that is currently driving as long as the driver wasn't drinking it.

I don't remember all the details, but Little blew 0.2 or somewhere around there, so he was effectively blackout drunk, and all he got was 90 days and probation. And, as if he was determined to be the case study of why lenient DUI laws don't work, he was convicted of DUI again a few years later.

Definitely still legal at least as of 2015. You could have 1 open container per passenger of legal drinking age. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Definitely still legal at least as of 2015. You could have 1 open container per passenger of legal drinking age. 

So somewhere in college there’s a carful of 5 dudes and 5 opened containers with 1-2 dudes binge drinking and then all five guys say they have one each when they’re pulled over. Brilliant 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So somewhere in college there’s a carful of 5 dudes and 5 opened containers with 1-2 dudes binge drinking and then all five guys say they have one each when they’re pulled over. Brilliant 

Worse. At least 4 dudes binge drinking with a sealed cooler in the backseat that hides spares and empties. Even if they get pulled over they're good as long as the total number of open cans plainly visible is less than 5.

@LeotheLion you made me google it. It's still legal. And Missouri had the 6th most fatal highway accidents despite being 18th in state population. I'm sure those 2 things have nothing to do with one another.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Worse. At least 4 dudes binge drinking with a sealed cooler in the backseat that hides spares and empties. Even if they get pulled over they're good as long as the total number of open cans plainly visible is less than 5.

@LeotheLion you made me google it. It's still legal. And Missouri had the 6th most fatal highway accidents despite being 18th in state population. I'm sure those 2 things have nothing to do with one another.

Down in New Orleans, it's practically sacrilegious to not have a large top shelf margarita from Superior in your cup holder at all times. 

Everyone knows the cup and exactly what it is. Nobody says a word though. 

While it made for some entertaining law classes when you walk in and see a bunch of classmates AND the professor with one.....it makes you wonder what the hell people are thinking. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

“You can’t prove that I’m drinking” is an interesting and opposite interpretation of probable cause 

• Like 1