Rashee Rice wanted in Dallas in connection to accident

warfelg

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You're probably right. Which is sad that these guys can do such things and still have the privilege of making millions.

I wonder how quickly these kids would grow up if you started taking away that privilege. You commit crimes that hurt or have the potential to hurt everyday people, you're done. Make them think twice before making a life altering decision with that money they are paid. Feel gross to simply let these idiots get chance after chance. Suspension or not. What other industry do you get such grace and get paid millions?

My guess is quick. 

I know not every single person that goes into any particular field is going to have their head on straight from day one. We all know that. 

But kids his age or younger looking at something like medical school tend to stop and smell the roses a bit because if they screw up, their hard work is probably done and they're screwed. Law school, for all the memes and jokes about lawyers, was largely the same way- we knew damn well that, regardless of how hard one may party, you screw up and you're probably toast. 

When you have something major that is at risk, you will definitely think harder about the consequences. For a lot of athletes, those consequences are non-existent until it hits this type of thing. A kid trying to get into law school is going to do everything he can to not get a DUI. Is a DUI a game ender? No, but nobody is picking up the tab and you're going to go through a ton of hoops to obtain a license. Ditto med school. Ditto law enforcement for the most part, especially at the higher levels. Ditto much of the military.

By the time those guys have "made it", they're definitely going to try to not screw up any worse than they already have in minor ways. Athletics haven't been handled thr same way and it shows. And the "they're in their 20's" argument doesn't really work given that damn near everyone starting their careers in medicine, law, law enforcement, the military, etc are all around that same age. Athletes get a huge pass and it's a problem. 

Rashee Rice in any other profession, is done for good and likely spending a good stint behind bars. No state bar or medical board would accept him in, especially at this point. He's not getting any security clearance, were he on active duty he's going to the brig and getting a dishonorable discharge. No law enforcement agency would take him back in of he were doing that. Heck, even Hollywood probably blacklists him if he were an actor, at least out of pure necessity given the blowback. 

Start actually punishing athletes at a younger age rather than letting the ol'ball coach coddle them and "talk to the principal" or whatever the case may be, I guarantee you they start growing up at the rate of their relative peers. 

My high school was far from perfect. But our football coach was a harda** when it came to rules and play time. Skip class or practice or be a disruption on or off the field, you weren't playing. And he was serious. He canceled a workout for a senior during my sophomore year that was scheduled for college scouts because the kid was caught with some weed at school (personal feelings aside, it was 2007 and still against the law). Told the kid if he wants to play in college he needs to call the coaches who's scouts just wasted their time and explain himself. 

To his credit, the kid did. He lost some offers and wound up playing in the SunBelt and transfered later. Either easy, that was our coach. He ruled with a pretty firm fist, but it made an impact. 15 years after graduation and not one member from the 3 teams I played on from 07-09 is in jail or no longer with us. Some of that is pure luck of course, but I think the fact he made us all accountable made a difference. It definitely did in the immediate sense. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest Multi-millionaires driving around 6 figure plus cars and hanging around similar individuals.  Probably has higher "coverages" then the average Joe.

Could be wrong but I'd be shocked if he's sitting there with the same 250K PI type coverages that I am as just a meer minion. 🤷‍♂️

You'd be surprised. 

These are the same guys who blow through millions like candy to the point the NFL had to start a seminar in how not to blow through millions  and end up destitute within a couple of years by investing. 

You think they're thinking about insurance coverage beyond how much they can insure their hands or diamond grill for?

On 3/31/2024 at 9:34 AM, iknowcool said:

How stupid to decide to run when the car is in your name 

I knew a person who crashed his car on the wall of a freeway because he was drunk, ran for the scene and managed to get back home. Cops knocked on his door later that night and he claimed he had been sleeping and his car was thus stolen. Got away clean and the cops couldn’t do ****. Now with camera everywhere, hard to do.

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You're probably right. Which is sad that these guys can do such things and still have the privilege of making millions.

I wonder how quickly these kids would grow up if you started taking away that privilege. You commit crimes that hurt or have the potential to hurt everyday people, you're done. Make them think twice before making a life altering decision with that money they are paid. Feel gross to simply let these idiots get chance after chance. Suspension or not. What other industry do you get such grace and get paid millions?

I’m thinking that surely the examples that have gone before them (Ruggs etc) is a good enough lesson for them. Do they really need to partake themselves to be able to learn? How can we come to any other conclusion other than them being complete and utter smooth brains ?

5 hours ago, mse326 said:

Just so I'm clear, those convicted of crimes shouldn't be allowed to work?

You can work. Plenty of jobs out there. You shouldn't get the luxury of an NFL job that pays you millions when you've shown you're not responsible enough to handle it. Obviously speaking with a lot of hyperbole here. But the whole thing feels like a middle finger to the people. Guy puts the life of a women and her 4 year old child at risk. Not even man enough to stay on scene and be accountable. And yet, he'll continue collecting life altering money because he's good at playing a game. Feels messed up.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, N4L said:

It is wild to me that he hasn't turned himself in yet. It is worse the longer this goes. Hire a lawyer and walk into the police station. 

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1774893197254168678?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Cooperating nearly 24 hours after the accident doesn’t seem fishy at all. 

Edit - I saw someone say on twitter, 24 hours is a long time in a case like this. Time for they guys involved to cooperate stories (cough*fallguydriving*cough). If there were weapons in the car like reported it gave them time to dispose of them. If either driver were intoxicated they are now sober. 

Edited by warfelg

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1774893197254168678?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Cooperating nearly 24 hours after the accident doesn’t seem fishy at all. 

Edit - I saw someone say on twitter, 24 hours is a long time in a case like this. Time for they guys involved to cooperate stories (cough*fallguydriving*cough). If there were weapons in the car like reported it gave them time to dispose of them. If either driver were intoxicated they are now sober. 

Time spent getting the right lawyer to do all that for you

• Like 2

17 hours ago, N4L said:

It is wild to me that he hasn't turned himself in yet. It is worse the longer this goes. Hire a lawyer and walk into the police station. 

In addition to what @warfelg linked and said about him currently cooperating, he's also not under arrest. There's no real turning yourself in when there's no warrant out for your arrest. Things are still in the fact finding phase right now. They want to talk with him, and it sounds as though that's likely happening.

• Like 2