Rashee Rice wanted in Dallas in connection to accident

warfelg

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It is kind of interesting. 3 guys did similar things with similar intent.  

1 guy is playing.  1 guy may face some consequences, but will likely play again and one guy is banished forever.   

If the bolded is about Ruggs....don't be surprised if he makes his way back. He's eligible for parole in 2026. He'll be 27 years old. 

Obviously depends on if he gets out, but if he does, I think a team may give him a shot 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If the bolded is about Ruggs....don't be surprised if he makes his way back. He's eligible for parole in 2026. He'll be 27 years old. 

Obviously depends on if he gets out, but if he does, I think a team may give him a shot 

I didn't know he was in prison currently. 

https://www.al.com/sports/2024/02/henry-ruggs-iii-working-from-prison-for-250-an-hour.html#:~:text=Ruggs is serving his sentence at Stewart Conservation Camp.

Sometimes NFL suspends you after they reinstate you.

He may get reinstated and then have to sit a year.  Then a team has to decide to give him a shot.  

43 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Fascinating that a guy making 1.6 mil a year(thats before agent fees and etc) feels comfortable dropping like 200k on a vehicle and then racing that vehicle on public streets.

He’s also likely got endorsement deals that add at least a Mil per year, and it’s been well reported that the car is a lease.  So he’s not dropping $200K at once, he’s likely paying $3K a month on that car.  But still mystifying that he’s got the ability to go to a racetrack if he wants to experience that.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It is kind of interesting. 3 guys did similar things with similar intent.  

1 guy is playing.  1 guy may face some consequences, but will likely play again and one guy is banished forever.   

Are you suggesting our criminal justice system isn't logical or fair?!?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Fascinating that a guy making 1.6 mil a year(thats before agent fees and etc) feels comfortable dropping like 200k on a vehicle and then racing that vehicle on public streets.

Also medical bills, time out of work, emotional distress, and legal feels for a whole line of cars.

$1.6MM/year isn't gonna be near enough. Dude's broke.

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Are you suggesting our criminal justice system isn't logical or fair?!?

Aside from the fact that our system is still better than about any other in the world, end result matters in the eyes of the law.

Causing death directly - Prison time

Being a part of an event that people died in but you weren’t at fault because the others were at fault - No jail time

Not directly causing anything more than a minor injury - No jail time 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from the fact that our system is still better than about any other in the world, end result matters in the eyes of the law.

Causing death directly - Prison time

Being a part of an event that people died in but you weren’t at fault because the others were at fault - No jail time

Not directly causing anything more than a minor injury - No jail time 

I'm aware luck is a major factor in prison time. That's the point.

36 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Also medical bills, time out of work, emotional distress, and legal feels for a whole line of cars.

$1.6MM/year isn't gonna be near enough. Dude's broke.

Stop. Just like you or I,surely this idiot is paying for car insurance? Like the rest of us, they can't drop him for this accident and "not pay". Majority of what you described "should" be covered.

Now if several of those drivers want to sue civilly trying to get an extra pay day now because they now know he's a NFL Millionaire, that's different. 

Otherwise,  he has car insurance! Well, had car insurance before this accident. 

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Stop. Just like you or I,surely this idiot is paying for car insurance? Like the rest of us, they can't drop him for this accident and "not pay". Majority of what you described "should" be covered

Yeah I'm sure that $250k personal injury policy he has will polish this right up. Bet Mahomes will be on the scene too for emotional support if Reid doesn't steal his nuggies.

5 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

Leonard Little comes to mind.

Yep.

The trickiest part for ruggs will probably be how much time is spent in jail. Vick served a little less than 2 years. Plax served similar.  I'm not sure anyone has served more and then come back to play. Ruggs will have surpassed that. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't know. There is a ton of WR talent out there. Would teams really want the PR hit that comes with that move? Feels like he will get the Ray Rice treatment and be blacklisted as he should. But, the NFL never fails to surprise us.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

It's easy to forget how young these guys are. The youth, plus the wealth, the fame, and the success from just getting to the NFL, let alone a guy like Rice playing well and winning a Superbowl already. These guys tend to feel invincible at that point. They're not thinking about the $1.6M, they're sure they're going to make $100M eventually, so what's $200k? They're not thinking of career ending injuries, same as they're not thinking of what could happen racing down the freeway. Young, dumb, and rich. Doesn't surprise me to see this happen in the offseason when he's back where he grew up, either. Most of these guys didn't grow up with money, and those early years if you're keeping the same crew around you, your entire family and your entire friend group have probably never seen that kind of money. So you show it off, or you get pressured to.

Like, I wouldn't have gone drag racing, personally, but if you had thrown me $2M when I was 21 I would not have been responsibly investing that money lol.

A ton of this happens with young players in the league, 99% of it just doesn't get anyone hurt or make the news.

• Like 3