Bills trade WR Stefon Diggs (plus 2024 6th & 2025 5th) to Texans for 2025 2nd

The Gnat

Good trade for the Bills. He looked on the decline. Deep group of WRs in this class. 

What's with the 2025 compensation on these trades recently with the 2024 draft around the corner. Couldn't get a pick to help this year?

• Like 1

It's a strong draft for receivers, so this is the time for Buffalo to reset their clock on WR contracts.

That being said, you're basically trusting Josh Allen to do what ARod did in his last year with GB/what Love did this past year with rookie contract weapons.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I dunno, we'll see. Diggs looked cooked for bits last year, but honestly he could have just really wanted out. 

I do think that this was probably the right time to make this break for Buffalo. 

Yeah feels like this trade is either boom or bust for HOU, but I respect them going in on it while they have a rookie QB contract.

• Like 4

I think this trade could be a win-win.

It all depends what Diggs the Texans are getting. If it's the guy at the end of the year and the playoff version then it may not help them much.

I am surprised it actually happened, though the whispers were getting louder and louder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I guess Buffalo is out on 2024 and resetting roster. 

They have lost a lot of vet talent.

Diggs is really the only one of impact… and we still produced with him on the decline. 

• Like 2