Jets trade QB Zach Wilson to Broncos

Forge

2 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

It would be kind of a cool story line. I'm not a big fan of Zach Wilson though. He's really unlikable to me.

Oh im with you on this one i actually can't stand either one of the dudes which probably means they get together and craps on everyone for the next 10 years and rubs it in with their miserable selves XD

18 minutes ago, GW21 said:

As a 49er fan I feel much better about it after seeing what Wilson, Fields, and Jones returned. 

More questionable from Dallas' perspective. They got literally nothing. Lance needed a ton of playing time and he wasn't getting it behind Dak. A 4th is a high price to pay to be on the hook for 5 mil with zero snaps taken.

• Like 2

Will be really interesting if they do not address QB then at #12.  

Nix or McCarthy probably would have been the choice, but honestly coming out of college Zach Wilson showed more pure arm talent than either of them did.  Clearly he has a bad track record in the NFL though, but hard to be good when he was sacked 44 times as a rookie and last year 46 times, and that is not even with starting a full season either of those years.  

Would not be shocked if they still pick a QB at #12 and can Stidham.  

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Would not be shocked if they still pick a QB at #12 and can Stidham.  

I would be floored if that happens. Not that I believe Stidham is the QBOTF, but rather this team is sooo bereft of talent that passing on a legit impact prospect to take the #5/6 QB would be the mark of a poorly run organization. I’m hoping that Denver is no longer poorly run. 

10 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I would be floored if that happens. Not that I believe Stidham is the QBOTF, but rather this team is sooo bereft of talent that passing on a legit impact prospect to take the #5/6 QB would be the mark of a poorly run organization. I’m hoping that Denver is no longer poorly run. 

Possible but you believe the Broncos are totally fine with rolling on with Zach Wilson as the starter for all of 2024?  Getting Nix, Penix or McCarthy at least gives them another option when really all the options are not great, being Wilson and Stidham.

That would be a lot of faith put in Zach Wilson to be the guy when he never was on the Jets.

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

So Trey Lance goes for a fourth and people love it even the he's so raw and barely played in 5 years. Zach Wilson goes for a late round pick swap and Jets are paying half his salary and it's the worse move ever? Someone explain that to me.

Zach Wilson is terrible

19 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I'm good with anything that isn't a receiver tbh. Bowers, OLB from Alabama, DT from Texas, a tree, literally anything but JJ McCarthy or Bo Nix or Penix. 

Isn't Denver obviously tanking in 2024 (unless they trade way up for a legit QB prospect)? I don't see a rookie Nix or Penix being substantially better than Stidham or Wilson. Russell Wilson won them too many games last year. So they'll tank this year, draft what talent they can, clear the books, and hope to find a QB next offseason. 

8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Isn't Denver obviously tanking in 2024 (unless they trade way up for a legit QB prospect)? I don't see a rookie Nix or Penix being substantially better than Stidham or Wilson. Russell Wilson won them too many games last year. So they'll tank this year, draft what talent they can, clear the books, and hope to find a QB next offseason. 

That’s where you lost me. The defense won them too many games last year. Russ was the reason they didn’t win more (due to his terrible play, his terrible contract, and the assets given up in his terrible trade preventing the accumulation of more talent around him)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Drew Brees story arc v2.0 confirmed

I'd lol so hard at a Denver/Wilson Vs Minny/Darnold superbowl. Woody and the Jets should be humilated by how bad they bungled those guys

• Like 1