2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

Just now, Spartacus said:

If the Jets were smart they would take JJ here and sit him for a year.

They're too busy taking care of Aaron Rodgers.  After all, they already sold their soul to him.

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

Honestly? The Packer method is so freaking against the typical Front Office instincts that we just expect them to bungle this somehow. They need the discipline to keep Penix on the bench despite how high up he was picked, but it only takes an inadequate stretch from Good Ol' Kirk to bring on the Tug-of-War option.

Cousins is pretty dependable though, he rarely bottoms out for more than one game in a row. 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, it's Atlanta saying that they're not going to be picking anywhere near this high for the next 2-3 years.

I like the idea of letting any QB sit, watch and learn for at least a year. I just wouldn't have gone with the 24-year-old QB. I would have taken the 21-year-old. With Cousin's contract this looks like a two year learning curve for Panics. 

It just shocks me that other organizations have not followed the Packers model. 

Any interest in Desmond Riddler as Love's back up? Probably get him for a 7th round pick swap. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Old Guy said:

I like the idea of letting any QB sit, watch and learn for at least a year. I just wouldn't have gone with the 24-year-old QB. I would have taken the 21-year-old. 

It just shocks me that other organizations have not followed the Packers model. 

QB after QB is now playing late into their 30's and even early 40's now.   He's going to have 10-12 good years at least even if he sits for 2