Day 2 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

2 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

Which player are you guys most surprised is still on the board? Mine is Ja'Tavion Sanders [TE, Tx].

Sanders always felt like a third round guy for me, especially after he tested poorly. 

For me is probably TJ Tampa. Even if he's scheme limited I thought there would be a corner run that would take him. Figured late 2, early 3

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Didn’t we literally just go through this no ACL situation last year with Tyjae Spears. Had no effect on him. Payton Wilson is about to be a huge steal.

Not sure you can make that claim one year out. The concern over an issue like that is longevity. That said, four to six years of quality play is better than what most guys in the third round will give you.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Not sure you can make that claim one year out. The concern over an issue like that is longevity. That said, four to six years of quality play is better than what most guys in the third round will give you.

That’s kind of where I’m at. I’ll take a “one contract” player in the 3rd round if I’m fairly confident they can be an impact player right away.

• Like 1

Just now, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Not at all a fan of the Kinchens pick. The Rams still don't have a No. 3 wideout, so if Kupp has another injury, that leaves them with Demarcus Robinson as their second receiver 

We're waiting to draft a WR until the Fifth Round.

49 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Any WR worth picking will be gone by then

We'll see how it shakes out, but I'll say that Ainias Smith and Tulu Griffin intrigue me. Both are outstanding returners and absolutely electric with the ball in their hands. Smith is stouter and stronger, while Griffin has effortless change of direction. Griffin's lackadaisical attitude in college is frustrating, but if you can get through to him, the tools are there for him to be a Diontae Johnson-like WR.

37 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We'll see how it shakes out, but I'll say that Ainias Smith and Tulu Griffin intrigue me. Both are outstanding returners and absolutely electric with the ball in their hands. Smith is stouter and stronger, while Griffin has effortless change of direction. Griffin's lackadaisical attitude in college is frustrating, but if you can get through to him, the tools are there for him to be a Diontae Johnson-like WR.

I want Ainias Smith for mine own team, but realistically...i doubt they'd know how to use him well.  I think it'd be cool to just see him go for some team working off that Shanny/Reid type tree.  Maybe the McVay branch...but i'm not as sold on them fully utilizing that sort of weapon.

I adore the guy as a prospect with enormous upside.  But probably the worst thing for him, would be to land with a team that just wants to use him like a "traditional slot receiver".