Post-Draft Chat

Grade Telesco's first draft as Raider GM  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Telesco's first draft as Raider GM

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm so hungry for Raider content I usually listen to Hondo and I have tuned into Renz a chunk too. I sometimes listen to Locked on Raiders but I feel like the vids are dragged out a ton.

It's such a shame our Athletic guys, Vic and Tashan, are such garbage because I would 100% be subscribing to that platform if anyone else was covering us.

I've been listening to Maxx Crosby's the rush on YouTube a lot recently.  I listen to them while driving to and from work.  If you haven't checked them out, do it.  He just dropped a pod with D. Adams today (or he's about to anyway).

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jerry said:

I've been listening to Maxx Crosby's the rush on YouTube a lot recently.  I listen to them while driving to and from work.  If you haven't checked them out, do it.  He just dropped a pod with D. Adams today (or he's about to anyway).

We all were meh on Getsy without putting two and two together here with Adams. Guessing he had a big say in the hire and system. 

• Like 2

I myself is very intrigued by Getsy. Like I mentioned when he got hired not the stand out name but willing to give him a chance before judging him off the Bears situation.Have a feeling he will show that he was not the issue.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

We all were meh on Getsy without putting two and two together here with Adams. Guessing he had a big say in the hire and system. 

I like seeing Adams be so candid on the pod.  You don't get his full personality at pressers.  So seeing him here with Maxx just talk ball is something we wouldn't see anywhere else.  Maxx is feeding the fans good information.  I enjoyed his podcast where he brought all the DL on too.  That was a good one.  Again, I recommend it to every Raider fan on this forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I myself is very intrigued by Getsy. Like I mentioned when he got hired not the stand out name but willing to give him a chance before judging him off the Bears situation.Have a feeling he will show that he was not the issue.

Based on watching the Bears last season, I think he will use Bowers in a lot of creative ways. However, I'm not sure of how many of those plays will work. Getsy seems to really like misdirection and schemed-up plays, but I didn't think his play calling or the offense structure was coherent. I prefer offensive schemes that are more "straight-up." I.e. there is an offensive "theme" that is consistent throughout the season.

19 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Based on watching the Bears last season, I think he will use Bowers in a lot of creative ways. However, I'm not sure of how many of those plays will work. Getsy seems to really like misdirection and schemed-up plays, but I didn't think his play calling or the offense structure was coherent. I prefer offensive schemes that are more "straight-up." I.e. there is an offensive "theme" that is consistent throughout the season.

I agree in essence. 

I do have some lingering questions about whether the incoherency was the result of the Bears roster situation and injuries and having to make changes on the fly though. 

Look at Bo Hardigree last year as an example- he had a lot of the same tendencies and it was mostly the restrictions of the roster causing a lot of it. It happens. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I agree in essence. 

I do have some lingering questions about whether the incoherency was the result of the Bears roster situation and injuries and having to make changes on the fly though. 

Look at Bo Hardigree last year as an example- he had a lot of the same tendencies and it was mostly the restrictions of the roster causing a lot of it. It happens. 

Roster restrictions like say a QB?

But seriously I think we’ve reached the cautiously optimistic portion of the offseason. These guys want to play for AP, there’s talent on the roster in most spots. Good times all around. 

but. 

We’ve seen this before. And until week 4 we won’t have a real idea of this team. I’m hoping for the best but I’m prepared for the worst. 

I will say this again. RT is not as big of a need as people think. Munford is going into year 3 with the needle pointed up. He played snaps last year and was decent. We drafted an OT at 77 with developmental upside, who is also a big dude and only 21 years old. Additionally, if JPJ is anywhere close to as good as people think, he will be an upgrade over van roten. Having a good guard next to you always makes a tackle's job easier. Finally, we will be playing in 2 tight-end sets meaning there will always be help if needed on long-developing pass plays.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jerry said:

I like seeing Adams be so candid on the pod.  You don't get his full personality at pressers.  So seeing him here with Maxx just talk ball is something we wouldn't see anywhere else.  Maxx is feeding the fans good information.  I enjoyed his podcast where he brought all the DL on too.  That was a good one.  Again, I recommend it to every Raider fan on this forum.

Was impressed by Maxx’s podcast - who were the other hosts with him on the Adams podcast? are they on all of them too? I started the Minshew one and he’s hilarious too. 

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I was a big getsy hater. Now I'm hearing the bears had a lot to do with the plays called. Idk if i believe it but if it's true then he could be a good one for us. 

4 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Roster restrictions like say a QB?

But seriously I think we’ve reached the cautiously optimistic portion of the offseason. These guys want to play for AP, there’s talent on the roster in most spots. Good times all around. 

but. 

We’ve seen this before. And until week 4 we won’t have a real idea of this team. I’m hoping for the best but I’m prepared for the worst. 

QB, lack of run game outside of Fields, general dysfunction as I think their HC is a bum, I wasn't high on their WR room or blocking. 

With Getsy, I think we either wind up very impressed or he shows that he was outright terrible in Chicago because he simply was. I don't think there's going to be much between. 

Right now, there's definitely a lot of cautious optimism that we'll see Getsy "unleashed". I'm certainly skeptical as his most impressive times were Green Bay with Rodgers, Adams, Jones, Dillon, and an offensive guru HC. Frankly, I've thought GB's passing game improved once Getsy left- which makes me wonder. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Was impressed by Maxx’s podcast - who were the other hosts with him on the Adams podcast? are they on all of them too? I started the Minshew one and he’s hilarious too. 

I believe they’re friends of Maxx. They’re all pretty good. I just like the ones that are mostly Raider related. Julian Edelman’s is good too.