Whose team's rookies are starting in Week 1?

the title tells the story, folks....

Vikings:

not likely QB McCarthy, even though some media outlets are saying he's already a candidate for Rookie of the Year. nah, not unless things go perfectly. The Vikings will be very patient with him.

I guess Dallas Turner might.

Very likely that Will Reichard the kicker will.

who you got?

Verse - yes

Fiske - yes

Karty - assuming he wins the job, yes

Kitchens - 50/50 - he will definitely start at some point, it's the week one that I'm questionable on

Tyler Davis - probably not, but NT will be between him and Bobby Brown - which could be a toss up 

• Like 1

For the Titans:

JC Latham-starts Day 1 at LT.

T'Vondre Sweat starts at NT.

Cedric Gray starts at ILB, opposite Murray.

Jha'Quan Jackson has a good shot at KR/PR, if that counts.  Or James Williams as a gunner.

• Like 1

The only one the Falcons drafted who might have a chance to start week 1 is Trice at Edge.   I would like to think  Penix is blocked by Kirk, Grady and Onyemata are blocking Ruke and Doralus, and the rest of the 5th to 6th round guys i don't think beat out anyone.   Ellis and Landman are very good lb's and should easily start day 1 

Ja’Lynn Polk, Caedan Wallace, Jaheim Bell on certain formations

not sure about Baker. The WR room isn’t great, but it’s competitive. It depends how camp goes. Would you start him? (Bourne, Douglas, Osborn, Polk, Baker, JJSS, Thornton, Boutte). Who’s your 4?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Won't know until the James Bradberry situation is resolved one way or another but I'll assume he's not a Eagle.

CB Quinyon Mitchell - Yes Opposite Slay

S Cooper DeJean  - Yes Opposite Blankenship 

Everyone else is in a supportive , backup role.

Ainias or Shipley could be KR?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Chiefs

None except on ST.

That's one problem with picking last. All the plug-and-play studs go by move 15 with occasional sliders. This year might have been different except for the shallow class. 

All that said, the dual for P could be epic. 

• Like 1

Legette will definitely start day one.  Sanders should start day one because he doesn't have much competition, but the fan in me is still holding out hope that Tremble becomes a solid player.  I think Brooks will be the starting RB by end of the season.

• Like 1

WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

@#2) QB-Jayden Daniels-LSU=Immediate Starter.

@#36) D-Line-Johnny Newton-Ill=I imagine Dan Quinn will want him in packages where he, DeRon Payne, & Johnathan Allen are on the field at the same time. How many snaps he gets, I don't know. But his blue chip 1st Rd talent, will be difficult for coaches not to play him. Unless, they plan on playing him at DE. Which would be immediate starter.

@#50) CB-Mike Sainristil-MICH=Immediate Starter. He was the #1 slot corner on the board when we selected him. A 1st round talent sitting there at #50. With the league passing the ball as much as it is? I imagine he will be in every Nickel, Dime, Qtrs packages out there. He will get significant starting time for a Defense that was last, in 2023.

@#53) TE-Ben Sinnott-KState=Immediate Starter. We signed TE Zack Ertz in FA, but I would imagine Ben Sinnott will immediately make an impact for us at TE. But, Sinnott can also be used as an H-Back & FB in any formation package as well. So I would imagine his skills will be needed in many of our Offensive sets. Huge safety net for JD as well.

@#78) OT/OG Brandon Coleman=Immediate Starter. He will likely get the starting nod at LT, but he can also slide over to Guard as well. He's the most athletic OT according to the RAS ratings in like...ever. with as bad as our O-line was last here getting Sam Howell destroyed. I imagine he will be slotted as a starter somewhere along the line. Including our FA additions as well.

@#100) WR Luke McCaffrey-Rice=Slot WR starter. I imagine you will see a lot of Scary Terry, Jahan Dotson & Luke McCaffrey lineups. He will get reasonable playing time as a rookie.

So that's 5 starting caliber players, or significant playing time for these rookies.

The rest of our draft are good depth & contributers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Essentially all teams: 

First and second-round picks, probably.
Later picks, maybe.

That is just offseason wishful thinking. Half of the 1st round will look poor like they always do and probably at least a quarter or more won't touch the field. 

• Like 3

Jordan Morgan: Good chance he could be starting at Guard or Tackle especially I think if they try him at RG or he could beat out Walker at LT or if Tom moves to C. I'm higher on Walker then most and I don't think we should move Tom so IMO if he doesn't snag the RG spot he is probably not starting and will be the #1 depth guy off the bench at possibly 4 different positions. 

Edge Cooper: Will be starting next to Quay Walker next year. From all interviews it will be less of a Will/Sam LB situation and more of both guys will have to do a little bit of everything. Star of rookie minicamp so far(Take it with a LARGE grain of salt). 

Javon Bullard: Most likely starting next to McKinney as the SS but it wouldn't shock me to see him start at nickel corner if one of the other 10000 safeties we drafted shows out. Will almost 100% start at SS or NCB. 

Marshawn Lloyd: Will get every opportunity to snag that #2 RB role from Dillon. Packers put a premium on pass protection though so I could see him being a change of pace #3 as well in his first year. 

Hopper: Will be depth LB and probably #4 after McDuffie. 

Williams & Oladapo: Both will be competing exclusively for the SS position. If either balls out we could see Bullard start at NCB but I would bet one will at least play a major role as the 3rd LB/S hybrid in lighter packages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

That is just offseason wishful thinking. Half of the 1st round will look poor like they always do and probably at least a quarter or more won't touch the field. 

Yes, but good luck finding a fan who’ll say that about their own team’s draft picks this early.