Your favorite season of your favorite team without a Super Bowl win?

I didn't get into football back in 1998. I was only 6 then. 

I'll say the 2009 season was by far the best, followed by 2017. 

2022 gave me heart palpitations. We were lucky and the defense was atrocious. It was fun watching the team win but it wasn't pretty.

Posted (edited)

steelers(no order)

2001. 13-3 top seed in the AFC and kodell comeback year. First steeler year I got really invested in

2002. Tomm maddox coming in and showing out. A lot of fun crazy games.

2004. 15-1. Big Ben rookie year

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

2021 for the bengals.  No one thought they'd be good.  They win the division and everyone figures they will lose round two in Tennessee.  Then the world expected them to get folded by the Chiefs.  

1988 was very similar, coming off a strike shortened 4-11 season.  Lots of excitement that season too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Maybe 1997. Even without Jerry Rice that season the 49ers had the pieces on both sides of the ball to get to the Super Bowl. A stacked roster on both sides with a lot of key veterans. Once again couldn't get past the Packers. Garrison Hearst messing up his collar bone later in the year didn't help either. UGGGGGGHHH. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

I would have felt more comfortable answering this prior to 2017.

I'd probably say 2003 for KC.    That team was fun to watch.   Offense was amazing,   Defense was, just good enough until Mike Maslowski went to IR late in the season.  
Indy/KC is still recognized as the "no punt" playoff game,  just two offenses trying to keep their defenses off the field.  

Honestly, probably this last season for the Rams. They were supposed to win 4-5 games and had injuries to Stafford, Kupp, and Kyren. They were able to pull off a 7-1 record in the final stretch and the only loss came to the Ravens in OT. A lot of promise going into this coming season as it’s one of the youngest teams again but at least has experience now. The emergence of Puka, Kobie Turner, and Byron Young was great to watch as they seem to possibly be studs. They obviously lost to Detroit in the playoffs but that game could have gone either way. It was hard not to feel proud of last season. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bears 06 run that ended up falling to the Colts in the superbowl(still love watching Hesters KR in the superbowl). The Defense was so fun to watch. And my all time favorite player is Peanut Tillman. His game against the Titans with like 6 forced fumbles lol.

Then the Marc Trestman offense with B-Marsh and Alshon Jeffrey, Martellus Bennett, Matt Forte was fun to watch but the worst Defense in Bears history.

Edited by DABEARSLCF04
  • Like 1

2009 would be first. ended in a typical Vikings fashion, but that team was a juggernaut.

then 2017. Minneapolis Miracle felt like a getting a monkey off the back.

2022 would then be third. Absolute chaos and the Vikings/Bills game was the most insane thing I've ever watched.