What's your missing piece?

Team is looking pretty good on paper.  Assuming the jordan love deal gets done soonish (and not during the season/bye week) is there a move you would make or would've made to solidify the championship odds of this team?  Currently with 21M in cap space, a Love extension doesn't even necessarily add any cap hit to this year, but most likely it's along the lines of another 8-10M.

Looking at the deal Tre' white got:

https://overthecap.com/player/tredavious-white/5611

I think I would throw that kind of money (1 year, 3-4M cap hit) at a player like Xavien Howard or Stephon Gilmore.  Yeah, these are older players but DB is a position where you are more than happy to have a deep versatile room and we have injury concerns with both Stokes and Jaire, so having a reliable veteran there makes a lot of sense to me.

What else? IOL? Blocking TE?  RB2 over Dillon? QB2?  DT?

Looking at this team as it is right now, I'd probably say RG as it's probably up in the air the most rn. And I know some people would like Morgan there, but man he should stick to LT at least for right now. Sean Rhyan looked decent last year, and without knowing how good he will be I think we could improve at that spot the most. Center as well, but maybe a clearer path with Tom moving there possibly. Josh Myers/Sean Rhyan have to prove a lot this year and are spots we could be better at.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, R T said:

There are no missing pieces, like many years it is just a case of making plays and staying healthy. 

I tend to agree with the first part, but I don't think this is 'like many years' - the completeness of the roster quality seems pretty rare to me, though the full set of pieces includes the projected play of rookies, which is a big question mark.

I'm not expecting any miracle of healthiness this year, players get injured every year, but if the Packers are just a little lucky in injuries (in number, severity and not all in one position group), they could go all the way. 

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

A defensive player that can rise to the occasion and make a play in crunch time.

Whether its a sack, short yardage run stuff/ TFL, INT, pass breakup, forced fumble....the defense needs someone(s) to become that player

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, squire12 said:

A defensive player that can rise to the occasion and make a play in crunch time.

Whether its a sack, short yardage run stuff/ TFL, INT, pass breakup, forced fumble....the defense needs someone(s) to become that player

Yeah, I think what is "missing" from this team is the Woodson/Matthews type of presence on defense that opponents have to account for on every snap.  This GB defense has talent, but nobody at the DPOY level we saw from Woodson/Matthews.