Let's get this party started: The Week 0/1 thread - The Year of the Expanded Playoffs begins.

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

What an awful final 2 minutes by LSU. Brian Kelly in peak form.

Yeah I felt LSU lost this game more than USC won. The penalties, getting in the redzone on the first possession and turning the ball over on downs and then that last redzone possession I have no idea what they was doing. 

I thought LSU really lost that game after they stopped USC and then it was 3rd and short and they got stopped on the ground so they had to punt. LSU had all the momentum up until that point with the lead. So yeah it hurts but both teams looked promising in general with the QBs and defenses was more than solid. Somebody had to lose. Unfortunately it was LSU. Still a long season though so plenty of more chances for LSU to get big wins to make a playoff run. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

This USC defense already looks light years better than it ever did under Alex Grinch.

Their ability to make tackles tonight was remarkable to see for those of us who were subjected to weekly showings by Alex Grinch. 

On 8/31/2024 at 1:15 PM, candyman93 said:

I kinda wonder how many teams rely on their center to do the “thinking” for a QB.

Who is the worst for this? There are a ton of college QBs who are like 5'10 on a good day with absolute pipsqueak arm strength and can't process the game out there, but who is the worst of the worst?