Packers extend QB Jordan Love (4 years, $220M, $155M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Purdy is gonna be a 60 million dollar a year QB. Oh boy 

Nah, this is a great deal for the niners. As long as they sign Purdy before Dak breaks the market, feel like this almost locks in Purdy as not getting 60

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nah, this is a great deal for the niners. As long as they sign Purdy before Dak breaks the market, feel like this almost locks in Purdy as not getting 60

Purdy is easily breaking Jordan Love's deal.  And not because I think Brody Purdy is better than Jordan Love, but Love got that deal based off an 8 game stretch.  Purdy is going off a 21 game stretch.  I'd venture it's probably around $58M if I had to guess right now.  It'll be interesting to see who blinks first, San Francisco or Dallas.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Purdy is easily breaking Jordan Love's deal.  And not because I think Brody Purdy is better than Jordan Love, but Love got that deal based off an 8 game stretch.  Purdy is going off a 21 game stretch.  I'd venture it's probably around $58M if I had to guess right now.  It'll be interesting to see who blinks first, San Francisco or Dallas.

I'm thinking 57. But I had legit concerns of 60. 

But Dak definitely still to consider

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm thinking 57. But I had legit concerns of 60. 

But Dak definitely still to consider

$60M seems like a year, maybe two away.  We haven't heard Tua's signing bonus that I'm aware of, but structure will be interesting to see on him and Love's deal.  My guess is that Love's deal is relatively flat with nominal increases (10%?) from year-to-year to go with the salary cap going up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It'll be interesting to see who blinks first, San Francisco or Dallas

I'm still convinced Jerry will move on from Dak if the Cowboys choke yet again in the playoffs. 

He's an Idiot we all know that but not extending Dak last season at say 50M (before the last 8 QB), just cost him an extra $10M APY a season if he truly intended on resigning him along, which im starting to doubt?

SF is in no hurry to go from $985K this season to $55-$57M next year. They too might take advantage of Mr. Irrelevant's draft status to keep all of those players with massive cap hits coming up, 49ers. Even if Purdy is deserving of a New Contract or not.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

NFL QB contracts are stupid

No not really. MLB contracts are stupid. NBA contracts are stupid. Soccer contracts over seas, are stupid. They are all guaranteed!

• Like 1