Preseason Game 2 @ Denver Broncos

Big picture: this game didn't feature many players that were going to get a ton of time playing roles in the regular season.

The only disappointing thing I found was the lack of intensity by the players. And everything just seemed so hard to do even down 31 players. I really hope Hafley just is playing super vanilla for the preseason because nothing really has jumped off besides more cover 1/3.

The 2nd team offense was absolutely dreadful to watch. The plays were also so freaking bland and predictable even for a preseason game. Like at one point the Denver Broadcasters made a point we ran a RPO and they said that was a regular season type of play and I'm sitting here like wtf lol. Idk if steno is calling the plays but we ran it so much on 3rd down and if didn't work. 

I also really don't care if we have a decent Backup QB or not, it's more of a luxury if anything, but if Love goes down it's not like we are going far anyways. I will point out tho, even though Pratt threw a few stinkers the rest of the offense didn't help him at all, nothing looked easy at all. I think he deserves a little benefit of the doubt for how everyone played. Clifford definitely looked way worse.

I'm not overly worried about the backup OL yet. Dillard has surprisingly looked ok in the games, Monk looks decent, Caleb Jones looks alright. We haven't even seen Jordan Morgan yet besides camp. I think the weakest link would be Newman, they just need to fire him into the sun already. Monk is a better guard. It could be worse though once you weed out the bad players. 

Overall it's a preseason game. No gameplanning, no starters, doesn't mean a heck of a whole lot besides the players trying to make the team.

Preseason games can be so deceiving. There is probably less to worry about than many fans are thinking, after that performance, but I would like to see just a little more changeup in calling plays and in making adjustments. Running inside into stacked fronts is not going to tell anyone much, though the Packers do seem to like narrower compressed fronts. Maybe the energy is muted from playing in high altitude and teams are less likely to look great, when backups play starters.

Anyway, this is just a game to move on from. I hope the players look more energised against the Ravens and I hope (without much belief) that the Packers give their starters a run out then. It's a roll of the dice whether to play starters and risk injury in a game that counts for nothing, against them not being ready at the start of the season. I'd rather they did play for a bit, maybe a quarter.

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You do realize Rhyan next to Tom and Myers is different than Rhyan next to Monk and Newman? Or Dillard next to Jenkins is different than Dillard next to Newman?

I don't think he does.

• Like 1

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

At least now I feel like I am having the full pre-season experience, with fans losing their **** over a game where the reserves look bad.

Can you come up with 53 guys who deserve to be on an NFL team after last night? 

Good read gents. Thanks. I tuned in somewhere in the 2nd....saw it was 20-zip and the GP second/third line players were getting shellacked. So I watched more baseball than this game. Hope we came out okay injury-wise. Beyond that...on to the next meaningless game!

8 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Announcing a week ahead of time that starters would not play did not seem to produce the desired results. This kind of feels like a wasted week. 

Almost like players  coasted knowing they weren't playing.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Can you come up with 53 guys who deserve to be on an NFL team after last night? 

Guessing the first 30 or 31 are pretty easy to figure out.

From the game?  Evan Williams.  Hopper.  Brooks.  Wooden.  LVN.  Cox.  Caleb Jones.  Welch.

For me, no one at the bottom of the roster did much to improve their stock.  

Edited by vegas492

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

From the game?  Evan Williams.  Hopper.  Brooks.  Wooden.  LVN.  Cox.  Caleb Jones.  Welch.

Oladapo had a great open field tackle. 

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Didn't bullard play as well.

9 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Kings worst play was the missed tackle on 3rd and 17 that ended with the unnecessary roughing at the marker. Gave up anothee couple catches. Got flat lined on a blitz unfortunately. Just wasnt his night.

Lol. Im not super excited about it and maybe i wont get around to it. But maybe ill find some things to be excited about if i do. I gotta get more ammo to talk **** on hermans grades when they come out 

Josh Myers, didn't even get on the field -5.3 on the day.

Royce Newman, gosh this guy sucks -3.2 on the day.

Bo Melton only had 9 drops +3

-Andy Herman, probably.

:D 

• Like 1

Hope they are ready for Brazil.  Denver was a vacation and it showed during the week and game.  It will be interesting to see who and how they play vs Baltimore next week.  

Bottom line, you gotta be ready for Philly in Brazil.  It's a game that could be huge in the standings at the end of the year.  Treat it like a vacation, you'll get vacation results.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Good read gents. Thanks. I tuned in somewhere in the 2nd....saw it was 20-zip and the GP second/third line players were getting shellacked. So I watched more baseball than this game. Hope we came out okay injury-wise. Beyond that...on to the next meaningless game!

As far as I know, only Goforth got hurt, and it was a concussion.  Someone said LVN had ice on his elbow.  But that can be for so many reasons that it isn't even worth thinking about.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

As far as I know, only Goforth got hurt, and it was a concussion.  Someone said LVN had ice on his elbow.  But that can be for so many reasons that it isn't even worth thinking about.

I saw him with an ice bag on his arm, and then later they showed him again and it was gone.  Take it that it was just after game maintenance.

• Like 1