Dolphins extend CB Jalen Ramsey (3 / 72.3)

Forge

They wanted to “reward” him, lol. For the half season last year…

Turning 30 this year, this gives him top of the market money through his aged 34 season (2028).

Puzzling, to say the least.

4 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

The list of CBs that kept up their stellar play at 30+ is incredibly short. Slay, Green and Woodson are the only three I can think of at the moment. The peak corner window may be the smallest window in the game.

Man, I love me some Darius Slay but kinda crazy he's the next guy after Green and Woodson. 

18 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Man, I love me some Darius Slay but kinda crazy he's the next guy after Green and Woodson. 

Low key one of the better CB's this past decade. Just doesn't get the hype. I'm curious how he plays this season after getting the surgery last (December) to clean up his knee? A injury he was playing thru apparently for the previous 2-3 seasons, just dealing with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jameson_Neat said:

The list of CBs that kept up their stellar play at 30+ is incredibly short. Slay, Green and Woodson are the only three I can think of at the moment. The peak corner window may be the smallest window in the game.

Richard Sherman, Aqib Talib, Darrelle Revis, DRC, Brent Grimes, Ronde Barber,  Charles Tillman, Jonathan Joseph, Al Harris, Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson, Tramon Williams, all came to mind. Some of those guys were only a single season or two and right at 30/31, perhaps not a prime season but maybe Pro Bowl caliber one.

Don’t disagree that the age for falloff is right up there with RBs as perhaps the youngest among any other position, but I don’t think it’s as rare as it may seem. 33/34 is another story…

• Like 1