Landon Collins calls Eli Apple a "cancer"

Oregon Ducks

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Don't care how much of a ****** Apple might be in the locker room, this was a really unprofessional move by Landon. Definitely not a team leader. Maybe down the road when he matures.

I disagree. Sometimes, you gotta put a guy on blast.

Dude needs this season to end to try and sort out his issues. I don’t like Landon coming out with this but it shows how ticked off and frustrated he is with Apple. Definitely not what an aspiring leader does. Apple is talented, the tools are there so I don’t wanna give up on him. For a rookie he had a good year. He’s young enough to bounce back.

First off - this seems more General worthy vs News. Good topic worthy of discussion, but not news per se. @TheKillerNacho, kick it my way.

Onto the topic - seems like Collins is going the nuclear route now, which is probably due to the situation not resolving itself through other means. 

Interesting to see what comes of it. Apple might be a guy who needs a change of scenery, but he might be a malcontent everywhere he goes...

47 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

1 spoiled apple can ruin the bunch...

Seriously though what happened to the defense? I know the offense had lots of injuries but wasnt the defense supposed to be nasty?

Injuries, there was mention by Collins of how Spags went away from what worked last year are the biggest explanations.

43 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

As a man wiser than I said, "Money and blood don't mix; like two dicks in one *****, you'll find yourself in some serious ****"

Or you just have bad human beings who are seeing dollar signs from a relative and want to get a piece of that pie.

You don't see this sort of thing happening with the Mannings or the Watts.

This is really unfortunate. If football means a lot to him - it may not - then you hope he figures it out before its too late. He had a lot of questions coming out. I had him graded much lower than he was selected. This is sometimes what happens you draft guys like this. Sometimes they find a mentor in the NFL and figure it out. Sometimes they escalate and burn you. It looks like the FO got burned.  Every team is just a handful of transactions away from transforming the team culture. Hopefully the Giants get this figured out so it doesn't linger. 

2 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

This is really unfortunate. If football means a lot to him - it may not - then you hope he figures it out before its too late. He had a lot of questions coming out. I had him graded much lower than he was selected. This is sometimes what happens you draft guys like this. Sometimes they find a mentor in the NFL and figure it out. Sometimes they escalate and burn you. It looks like the FO got burned.  Every team is just a handful of transactions away from transforming the team culture. Hopefully the Giants get this figured out so it doesn't linger. 

Was there a track record of this kind of behavior in college? Legit curious.

Archived