2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Shurmur going to New York might help us land Rosen or Darnold.

Shurmur was said to be brining Keenum with him, Gettlemen may want to keep Eli. 

This likely means they address O-Line IMO and could either trade back or let one of the two drop to 3/4 and this opens up a trade up opportunity to jump Denver(tho Denver is probably keen on Josh Allen)

I think Minnesota will keep Kennum now after last weekend don’t you think? 

I would be shocked if they don’t take Rosen at #2. 

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

I think Minnesota will keep Kennum now after last weekend don’t you think? 

I would be shocked if they don’t take Rosen at #2. 

That's my thinking with Minny as well but their fans think Teddy is still the future and Keenum is said to be following Shurmur. Giants could jump into contention with a strong draft and could possibly go forward with some combination of Keenum/Manning/Webb with Shurmur coaching the later of the 3 up so who knows right now.

If we don't sign Cousins, and don't move up in the draft, and we stay at six,  who is the most likely player to fall to us at six? That is only thing we have control over now is that we still have the #6 pick.  Twice before star players fell to us at six, it could happen again. This is not a hypothetical move this is fact.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

If we don't sign Cousins, and don't move up in the draft, and we stay at six,  who is the most likely player to fall to us at six? That is only thing we have control over now is that we still have the #6 pick.  Twice before star players fell to us at six, it could happen again. This is not a hypothetical move this is fact.

Darnold, Rosen, Chubb, and Barkley will all go before we pick and then Allen with be the 5th player with a team trading up or the Broncos selecting one of them.

It really depends if we get Cousins or if he goes to a team ahead of us. Nelson/Chubb/Barkley/Key/Fitzpatrick could all be in play at #6 if we land Cousins. They are all really good players so the chances of us landing a difference maker should be relatively high.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Darnold, Rosen, Chubb, and Barkley will all go before we pick and then Allen with be the 5th player with a team trading up or the Broncos selecting one of them.

It really depends if we get Cousins or if he goes to a team ahead of us. Nelson/Chubb/Barkley/Key/Fitzpatrick could all be in play at #6 if we land Cousins. They are all really good players so the chances of us landing a difference maker should be relatively high.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Too soon to tell. Every year some of the top rated players fall due to something that bad that came up or just a poor combine. Sometimes they just surprisingly slip. Then you also have some people who would be looked at in the 2nd round then shoot up the boards to end up going in the top 15. Every. Year. 

If I had to guess, I'd say Chubb, L.Jackson, Raquan Smith, Williams, Nelson, Davenport, and Josh Jackson. I do think Rosen will be there at #3 and that's where I want to trade up to if #1 isn't available. 

8 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Has everyone soured on Baker Mayfield? He’s still someone I’d love to get at #6 but not feeling the love for him on here. 

I'd still take him, although I have a feeling that we're getting the Browns pick at 1 (assuming they acquire a vet) and drafting Rosen.  I feel like Mac knows he's need to make a splash move at QB and either Cousins or Rosen would do that.

31 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Has everyone soured on Baker Mayfield? He’s still someone I’d love to get at #6 but not feeling the love for him on here. 

I would trade up for him to 4 in order to secure him from DEN if that answers your question.  I would love for him to fall into our laps at 6 though, that would be fantastic.

He has everything you want in QB on the field except height.  He has leadership, a good arm, moves well in the pocket, throws on the move with great accuracy.  I think we would love to have him here.

Same with Rosen but he has a bigger arm and has the height you want.

I hope it goes something like this

CLE - Darnold

NYG - Rosen

DEN - Allen 

NYJ - Mayfield

Or NYG's just pass all together on the QB spot but I doubt it.

9 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I would trade up for him to 4 in order to secure him from DEN if that answers your question.  I would love for him to fall into our laps at 6 though, that would be fantastic.

He has everything you want in QB on the field except height.  He has leadership, a good arm, moves well in the pocket, throws on the move with great accuracy.  I think we would love to have him here.

Same with Rosen but he has a bigger arm and has the height you want.

I hope it goes something like this

CLE - Darnold

NYG - Rosen

DEN - Allen 

NYJ - Mayfield

Or NYG's just pass all together on the QB spot but I doubt it.

A lot will change from now until the draft, although my gut says Cleveland and Denver will not be picking a QB top 5 (meaning they both go the vet route).

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

A lot will change from now until the draft, although my gut says Cleveland and Denver will not be picking a QB top 5 (meaning they both go the vet route).

Yeah that is certainly an option for them.  DEN I would agree with, CLE not so much.  They will likely get a vet but I could see them drafting one too.  I just want one of Rosen or Mayfield on this roster next year some how some way.  Preferably without having to trade up but if the price is right I wouldn't hesitate to do what's necessary to secure one. 

19 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah that is certainly an option for them.  DEN I would agree with, CLE not so much.  They will likely get a vet but I could see them drafting one too.  I just want one of Rosen or Mayfield on this roster next year some how some way.  Preferably without having to trade up but if the price is right I wouldn't hesitate to do what's necessary to secure one. 

I think Alex Smith is the x-factor here.  If Dorsey gets him, they might be more inclined to pick a guy in the middle rounds and stack talent around him with all of their picks and cap space.  We'll see though.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd still take him, although I have a feeling that we're getting the Browns pick at 1 (assuming they acquire a vet) and drafting Rosen.  I feel like Mac knows he's need to make a splash move at QB and either Cousins or Rosen would do that.

What do you see us giving up to get that pick? 

I think it costs 6, both 2’s and next years first at minimum.

22 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

What do you see us giving up to get that pick? 

I think it costs 6, both 2’s and next years first at minimum.

That's what i'd think personally as well.  Would love to get him for less.  It'll depend on the demand.  If the Broncos sign a guy and have no intention of drafting one, the price should go down.

14 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

That's what i'd think personally as well.  Would love to get him for less.  It'll depend on the demand.  If the Broncos sign a guy and have no intention of drafting one, the price should go down.

Not sure though because maybe ARI or BUF is interested and forces our hand.  Teams have come up from way down the draft ATL for Julio, PHI was pretty far back when they went for Wentz, BUF for Watkins.  If ARI show interest they are getting good value back, all it takes is a second team to drive the price up.

I doubt we are getting a bargain here, expect to pay fair value which is probably close to what you are suggesting.

Archived