Gentlemen, I Think Its Time...Consider Baker Mayfield At #1

MistaBohmbastic

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Great career...really good QB.

That comment sums it up for me. Only real window throws are down the sideline...mostly everyone else is a free runner.

Saw that quote a little earlier and that is my issue with him too. Doesn’t throw an accurate ball in coverage

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Great career...really good QB.

That comment sums it up for me. Only real window throws are down the sideline...mostly everyone else is a free runner.

While I’m not a huge fan of Baker I have to disagree with this. Saw a lot of passes tonight where he threw before the receiver made their break or threw it in tight coverage. It’s cfb, receivers will be open and you can’t knock a guy for throwing it to an open receiver but don’t act like every pass is to a guy with a 10 yard cushion. 

3 minutes ago, CleBrowns07 said:

While I’m not a huge fan of Baker I have to disagree with this. Saw a lot of passes tonight where he threw before the receiver made their break or threw it in tight coverage. It’s cfb, receivers will be open and you can’t knock a guy for throwing it to an open receiver but don’t act like every pass is to a guy with a 10 yard cushion. 

I think the point is open in college isn’t the same as what coaches view open in the pros. Baker is going to have to learn to throw a guy open and be willing to throw into tight windows.  

The level of difficulty increases exponentially.

6 minutes ago, CleBrowns07 said:

I saw 3 passes that we good quality throws. Two on the scoring drive late in the game. Any time someone was covered he over threw or threw behind. Those will be interceptions in the NFL. 

Yesterday's game probably will hurt his stock. Despite the loss not entirely being his fault, the fact that Oklahoma didn't advance has to hurt his standing. 

I was pretty upset at Lincoln Riley's playcalling as the game wound down. He seemed to take the ball out of Baker's hands. Dude won the Heisman for a reason, why would you abandon what has worked all season? It's gotta raise questions about Riley's trust in his star player.

I also think the pure talent of this whole Sooners offense was clarified. After losing Westbrook, Perine, and Mixon last year, I thought that this team's result was more from Mayfield than the supporting cast. Still, I do believe Mayfield is the one who brings it all together, but whoever raised the point about the next level players on his roster is definitely right. I don't know how this will factor into performance in the NFL, but it's worth considering.

To be honest, I'm still not certain about where I stand with those draft picks of ours. Seems like Darnold will stay in school. A lot of hype about Josh Allen has started to pop up. IDK guys. I'm so torn. I'm glad we still have the combine, senior bowl and pro days to help.

5 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Yesterday's game probably will hurt his stock. Despite the loss not entirely being his fault, the fact that Oklahoma didn't advance has to hurt his standing. 

I was pretty upset at Lincoln Riley's playcalling as the game wound down. He seemed to take the ball out of Baker's hands. Dude won the Heisman for a reason, why would you abandon what has worked all season? It's gotta raise questions about Riley's trust in his star player.

I also think the pure talent of this whole Sooners offense was clarified. After losing Westbrook, Perine, and Mixon last year, I thought that this team's result was more from Mayfield than the supporting cast. Still, I do believe Mayfield is the one who brings it all together, but whoever raised the point about the next level players on his roster is definitely right. I don't know how this will factor into performance in the NFL, but it's worth considering.

To be honest, I'm still not certain about where I stand with those draft picks of ours. Seems like Darnold will stay in school. A lot of hype about Josh Allen has started to pop u

Please, please stay away from Allen. We already have a physically gifted, inaccurate QB on our roster. His name is Deshone Kizer. 

Archived