Raiders hire Jon Gruden as Head Coach

eagles18

I like Gruden a lot.  Proven head coach and I think most people in the industry respect the heck out of him.  He's a guy that most of the players currently there would love to play for.  Great hire for the Raiders, if it ends up happening.

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

Nah. The money Davis will bring in various revenues by hiring gruden will more then cover the difference. Besides if ownership stock is part of the deal as being reported, that's gobs of money. Especially because he'd be getting in one of the bottom valued franchises right before a move to Vegas and a brand new stadium. His stock in the company will skyrocket. Gruden is going to get rich off this from that move alone.

Also, plan #2: sell Raider spider 2 y banana shirts on game day. He'll make tens of millions.

Yeah in the long term he'll make bank but I can't imagine Davis has the cash on hand to buy out Gruden's ESPN contract, Jack Del Rio's contract (and assistants) along with paying Gruden and all his new assistant coaches. 

The ownership thing Is probably like 1% or something minuscule and the NFL has to approve that so that could take a bit to actually be finalized.

Archived