Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Bill Huber -  When right tackle Bryan Bulaga suffered a MCL sprain against San Francisco, the assumption from the outside is that he might miss a game or two. After all, with games against the Giants and Redskins, two of the worst teams in the league coming up, why not make sure Bulaga is ready to go for the stretch run?

That, however, is not how most offensive linemen think. 

“I’ve missed too many games in my career with things that I can’t control,” Bulaga said on Wednesday, referencing ACL tears in 2013 and 2017. “When you can’t physically go and you’re watching your guys go out there and they’re playing and they’re winning and they’re having fun, my mind-set is if I can play on it and do my job effectively, I’m going to play. That’s the way I approach injuries. Yeah, it hurts, it’s sore. I understand the team that we were playing has the record that they have but that’s not really a thought process that I go through. If I can play and I can get through things somewhat safely – obviously, nothing’s 100 percent guaranteed that you’re going to get through it OK – but if I can do my job and help the team, I’m going to go.”

• Like 2

Just now, ReadyToThump said:

Lang, Sutton, Bulaga, Bahk, the list is healthy, we've been blessed with some kickass hogmollies over the years.

For sure.

I don't like Bakhtiari quite as much as the other guys (from a personal perspective, not a talent perspective), but no doubt we've had some guys that could play. Linsley isn't quite on that level, but another damn good one. 

• Like 1

ESPN:  After slogging through two straight seasons without the playoffs, Aaron Rodgers has meaningful games to play in December and just two days past his 36th birthday and late in his 15th NFL season, that's more than enough to drive the Green Bay Packers' two-time NFL MVP quarterback.

"Yeah, that and seeing the 18th hole coming up, realizing I can't play forever and the opportunities don't come along all the time," Rodgers said Wednesday.

Rodgers, who turned 36 on Monday, has said repeatedly that he plans to play into his 40s, but in continuing his golf-as-a-metaphor-for-his career analogy, all he would say he is he's "making the turn, I think."

2 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

If a WR has 5 yards of vertical separation and running a fly, there are pretty much zero scenarios where a HOF QB should be dropping that ball behind him. 

Big key here is IF the wr had 5 yards of seperation.  He maybe has had a couple ... certainly not a bernie boatload of them.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

For sure.

I don't like Bakhtiari quite as much as the other guys (from a personal perspective, not a talent perspective), but no doubt we've had some guys that could play. Linsley isn't quite on that level, but another damn good one. 

What’s your issue with #69?