Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

We're not convincing people......

PackersWire -  The Green Bay Packers dropped two spots in the latest USA Today NFL power rankings despite beating the Detroit Lions on Monday night.

Week 1: No. 4
Week 2: No. 14
Week 3: No. 16

The defense is clearly bad. Holding Goff scoreless in the second half isn’t enough to convince people.

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   Billy Turner, with plenty of change around him, is quietly top-6 in Pass Block and Run Block win rate at OT this season.

What is his source?

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/packers-pff-grades-best-worst-players-from-week-2-vs-lions/

– Billy Turner gave up a team-high four pressures, all hurries. He’s been shaky protecting the passer at right tackle to start 2021.

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Trying to endear themselves to the fans. 

I'm less confident about America's chances in the Ryder Cup than I am the Packers winning on Sunday night. 

They know fans will be cheering the USA on the course though, and it will be almost all USA fans, I think its just done for fun.

As for who wins, I'm a European supporter (being a Brit), but I think the USA wins this one. They made a bold choice of venue at Whistling Straits (a UK style links course) and totally re-vamped the USA squad (6 new faces), whereas the European team went with old favourites like Garcia, Westwood and Poulter, all over 40 (Westwood is 48). 

I'm guessing youth will have its way, the USA win this time and Europe bite the bullet and go younger for next years Ryder Cup at the Marco Simone course near Rome (Italy). I predict the best USA player will be Morikawa, the worst deChambeau (his monster hitting game is not so suitable for a course where accuracy is key). Worst Europeans, the 40+ squad.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

They know fans will be cheering the USA on the course though, and it will be almost all USA fans, I think its just done for fun.

As for who wins, I'm a European supporter (being a Brit), but I think the USA wins this one. They made a bold choice of venue at Whistling Straits (a UK style links course) and totally re-vamped the USA squad (6 new faces), whereas the European team went with old favourites like Garcia, Westwood and Poulter, all over 40 (Westwood is 48). 

I'm guessing youth will have its way, the USA win this time and Europe bite the bullet and go younger for next years Ryder Cup at the Marco Simone course near Rome (Italy). I predict the best USA player will be Murakawa, the worst deChambeau (his monster hitting game is not so suitable for a course where accuracy is key). Worst Europeans, the 40+ squad.

It's links but not in the sense where you can run your ball up on the green. It also doesn't have the run out of true links like the seaside courses.

I want to see deChambeau and Koepka play together in four ball. It would be a hoot. 

Morakawa is coming off of a back injury so not expecting a ton from him. 

• Like 1