Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Justis Mosqueda -   Aaron Rodgers on McAfee said he's keeping his long hair until Halloween because it's part of his costume. The character has long hair. Won't spill the beans

///

Hint: his Halloween character is a bum.

I'll bet whoever the character is she isn't very attractive. 

I'm a little bit scared he's growing out his hair for a Halloween costume tbh. 

Ross Uglem -   They should do absolutely everything they can to avoid cutting Turner next year. Paying a tackle playing as well as he is less than $9M when there’s almost $5M in dead cap either way is a no brainer.

• Jacob Westendorf -   If they're going to do Bakh/Elg at tackles - having Billy as an insurance policy that has played every position other than C is a very good thing to have. A high-end version of Lucas Patrick, but can play T.
  • Like 1

The Packers have added EDGE RJ McIntosh and S Shawn Davis to the PS and released Abdullah Anderson and Jacob Capra from the PS. 

McIntosh is a very good add and probably will replace Rivers or Hamilton fairly soon on the 53. 

@Norm should be able to give us the scouting report on Davis. 

Edited by R T

2 minutes ago, R T said:

The Packers have added EDGE RJ McIntosh and S Shawn Davis to the PS and released Abdullah Anderson and Jacob Capra from the PS. 

McIntosh is a very good add and probably will replace Rivers or Hamilton fairly soon on the 53.  

Paul Bretl -   Packers sign IDL RJ McIntosh to PS:

6’4” | 291 | 3.37 RAS
2018 5th Rnd pick by NYG
179 defensive snaps (PFF)
5 PR | 2 sks | 17 tckls | 2 TFLs
28 career ST snaps

47 minutes ago, R T said:

@Norm should be able to give us the scouting report on Davis. 

He sucks and I laughed when he was drafted

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

He sucks and I laughed when he was drafted

Actually surprised you said that. I know zero about the guy, but in the pre draft stuff by Chris Simms on Safeties, he claimed he was one of the best Safeties in the draft. Clearly he is not, but maybe some untapped potential is there. Can't hurt to kick tires I guess.   

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -   They should do absolutely everything they can to avoid cutting Turner next year. Paying a tackle playing as well as he is less than $9M when there’s almost $5M in dead cap either way is a no brainer.

• Jacob Westendorf -   If they're going to do Bakh/Elg at tackles - having Billy as an insurance policy that has played every position other than C is a very good thing to have. A high-end version of Lucas Patrick, but can play T.

I'm honestly not sure what you do with Billy Turner if you're comfortable with Runyan/Newman as our LG/RG.  Turner is too expensive to be a backup OL, and he's too good to release.  But he probably doesn't fetch much via trade either.

57 minutes ago, R T said:

Actually surprised you said that. I know zero about the guy, but in the pre draft stuff by Chris Simms on Safeties, he claimed he was one of the best Safeties in the draft. Clearly he is not, but maybe some untapped potential is there. Can't hurt to kick tires I guess.   

No I get the excitement. He can run. He's an athlete. Just feels like he never did anything with it. Gators fans always talked about how great he could be etc etc. 

Disclaimer: I usually hate UF prospects

At least he didn't throw the shoe I guess.

He's a lot better athlete than you'll usually have around at those spots but don't expect much. I googled why he was cut and I guess he had some horrific game in PS or something. So he'll fit right in