Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Gypsy1027 said:

My life experience absolutely confirms what Scoremore is saying. A back injury from football has plagued me ever since. Finally, this summer my right leg went numb. Micro surgery failed. Had to do the full fusion--titanium rods and screws deal. I too have a real bad feel about this for Z. Even a bulging disk can have a really negative impact on a player. Until you have back problem, it's very hard to appreciate how miserable it can be.

Back injuries suck, plain and simple.  Degradation of the discs, be they bulging or corroded, are absolute misery.  I have two bulging lumbar discs and there are days I can’t even bend over and put on my pants.  If Z is suffering, it’s real and it’s no joke.

Sorry to hear about your back problems.  I can relate, and I’m prolly going under the knife soon myself.

Edited by Sasquatch

I saw a post earlier about how Rodgers struggled against two-safety looks. I remember it being quite bad under McCarthy but under LaFleur this problem should not be happening. We now have a strong running game which in turn forces one of the safeties into the box and open up the field for his WRs. Rodgers against two-safety looks really shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Even if our rushing attack is not forcing teams to abandon their two safety looks Rodgers have plenty of options to throw underneath instead of zeroing in on Adams.

Offensively we should be comfortably dealing with any defensive looks coming our way. We can run the ball to open up the pass, if Adams is double teamed it frees up our other players, we can use our RB, FB, TE on underneath routes. We can use MVS deep to stretch the field too. We are so varied we should be able to handle anything the defences throws at us.

I actually found it funny that the Athletic ran a piece a couple weeks back about how GB carved up the STL two-high looks in the playoffs because of their discipline and patience on offense, and then GB showed none of that vs the Saints.  It could be as simple as the difference between how a team plays in September vs how they play in January. 

4 hours ago, Chili said:

I saw a post earlier about how Rodgers struggled against two-safety looks. I remember it being quite bad under McCarthy but under LaFleur this problem should not be happening. We now have a strong running game which in turn forces one of the safeties into the box and open up the field for his WRs. Rodgers against two-safety looks really shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Even if our rushing attack is not forcing teams to abandon their two safety looks Rodgers have plenty of options to throw underneath instead of zeroing in on Adams.

Offensively we should be comfortably dealing with any defensive looks coming our way. We can run the ball to open up the pass, if Adams is double teamed it frees up our other players, we can use our RB, FB, TE on underneath routes. We can use MVS deep to stretch the field too. We are so varied we should be able to handle anything the defences throws at us.

I think it was @AlexGreen#20 who pointed out most of our problems on offense last week came from when Rodgers held the ball too long, longer than 2.5 seconds. 

Put another way, he got to playing outside of the structure and back to street ball. There were guys open within the offense he either missed or ignored. If he doesn't get back to playing within the structure of the offense, we're screwed. Plain and simple. 

• Like 1

So Za’Darius goes down and Ladarious Hamilton gets poached from TB practice squad. 6’3 260.

I guess Galeai is still not ready. Mike Smith talked him up but said he needs to add weight.  You’d hope a few seasons in WI would do that for him.

Time to see where our depth in a room we’ve invested in heavily truly stands.  

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He can bench press at least?

LaDarius-Hamilton-RAS-18296.png?w=806&ss

That 32" arm length goes a long ways in aiding bench numbers. Unfortunately, those short arms make it easier for offensive linemen to get a hold of you because of their long arms. 

Edited by Old Guy

On 9/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, R T said:

MLF isn't telling AR anything. When he speaks to AR it is only ask how he can kiss his *** that day. The inmates currently run that asylum. 

You must have some awesome insider info. I'm jealous. Or it's the typical garbage that's spewn by those that don't really know much at all.