Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Tom Silverstein -   Packers WR Davante Adams said he has talked with Aaron Rodgers about the double teams he's facing and that maybe they need to just push the envelope on those and see what Adams can do. Like Rodgers, he said two-deep coverage is just a fact of life that good offenses must face.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   OK, hear me out Instead of forcing the ball to Adams - if defenses want dedicate significant resources towards Adams, it should open up the offense and allow for more:

-Opposite field routes
-Middle field routes
-Backfield routes
-Any rush attempt
-Delayed handoffs
-Play-action

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein -   Packers WR Davante Adams said he has talked with Aaron Rodgers about the double teams he's facing and that maybe they need to just push the envelope on those and see what Adams can do. Like Rodgers, he said two-deep coverage is just a fact of life that good offenses must face.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   OK, hear me out Instead of forcing the ball to Adams - if defenses want dedicate significant resources towards Adams, it should open up the offense and allow for more:

-Opposite field routes
-Middle field routes
-Backfield routes
-Any rush attempt
-Delayed handoffs
-Play-action

Right. Why did we pay Aaron Jones so we can throw to a double covered Adams?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Right. Why did we pay Aaron Jones so we can throw to a double covered Adams?

Agree - but this is a MLF thing. If he see's that AR's (once again) too focused in on Davante - to the detriment of the overall rhythm and success of the offense - he needs to step in.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Agree - but this is a MLF thing. If he see's that AR's (once again) too focused in on Davante - to the detriment of the overall rhythm and success of the offense - he needs to step in.

MLF isn't telling AR anything. When he speaks to AR it is only ask how he can kiss his *** that day. The inmates currently run that asylum. 

12 hours ago, R T said:

MLF isn't telling AR anything. When he speaks to AR it is only ask how he can kiss his *** that day. The inmates currently run that asylum. 

Well....I dont know that's the case....but if it is....that needs to change. MLF is the HC.

*IF* AR's going rogue - if thats happening - he's the only one that rein him in - and - he can rein him in. He's the HC.

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, R T said:

He has literally the highest winning percentage of any coach in NFL history lol

Edited by Lodestar

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Well....I dont know that's the case....but if it is....that needs to change. MLF is the HC.

*IF* AR's going rouge - if thats happening - he's the only one that rein him in - and - he can rein him in. He's the HC.

I assume you meant going rogue. Rodgers going rouge would just be too weird.

ROUGE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

• Like 5

I remember the comment from McCarthy in the 2007 NFC Championship. He said he wished he had the balls to bench Favre at halftime. He didn't, Favre was awful and threw a dreadful pick in OT. 

IF Rodgers is reverting back to 2018-19 Aaron Rodgers, MLF needs to bench his *** for a half a game to get his attention. It would take big balls but it would be worth it.

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I remember the comment from McCarthy in the 2007 NFC Championship. He said he wished he had the balls to bench Favre at halftime. He didn't, Favre was awful and threw a dreadful pick in OT. 

IF Rodgers is reverting back to 2018-19 Aaron Rodgers, MLF needs to bench his *** for a half a game to get his attention. It would take big balls but it would be worth it.

That would be tough to do, but I wouldn't rule it out.  I think it would be better served and more important for Frenchy to take control of this team.  No more Mr. Nice Guy with Rodgers, he's just another football player.  Your job Frenchy is not only to coach him but to lead him and the rest of the team.  Starting the season off by saying (to paraphrase) that "this will be a player locker room led team" was a walk down the wrong alley. The coach needs to lead the team and sometimes you have to use tough real world tactics.  Rodg needs to be told to get in line, quit whining about your situation and wondering about this mystical world and get focused on the thing he is paid gobs of money to focus on.  Football an winning football games.  Frenchy needs to be straight forward, stern, and professional even though Ol Rodg hasn't been.  Ol Rodg has a ton of things to prove on the field yet, and he needs to become a student again.

If it doesn't work in private then make it public.