Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

No chance we take a 20m cap hit on Carr that would be madness. 26m dead cap on Rodgers, 20m on Carr. Love has a cap hit of 3.3m  so that's 50m on QBs to have Carr as QB.

If we trade Rodgers then we have to roll with Love. Its his 3rd season can't babysit him forever and you need to learn on the job. Probably need a vet backup but they need to be cheap. 

I like Derek Carr more than a lot of people (fringe top 10 guy) and think GB could be successful with him  as QB, but I totally agree that for at least the next year or two, if it isn't Rodgers, GB is rolling with Love. 

On 1/16/2022 at 2:40 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

It allows you to bring Love along at the intended pace when he was drafted (3 years).  It gives you some cover in case Love doesn't progress.  It also gives Adams a pretty good reason to stick around.  He and Carr are tight.  If Love ups his game in the preseason you can deal Carr for some picks.  He's a quality NFL starting QB. 

If you're moving on from Rodgers it's because you think you're ready to run with Jordan Love.

• Like 1

Justis Mosqueda (NFL Owner) -   Marcedes Lewis said getting a day off during the week has helped extend his career. He said, "In Jacksonville, they kinda ran me into the ground."

• Ryan Wood -   Interesting nugget: Lewis still runs 2 miles before practice on a veteran's day rest.

Edited by Leader

9 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I like Derek Carr more than a lot of people (fringe top 10 guy) and think GB could be successful with him  as QB, but I totally agree that for at least the next year or two, if it isn't Rodgers, GB is rolling with Love. 

Agree with this. But I'd have no problem if Carr was part of a package.  Best QB in our division.  Im speaking blindly not knowing what the Packers think of Love.  Know that and this becomes much clearer.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He was a kid who cultivated a social media following by stealing a far more respected user's (Waldo) work and using it as his own.

Hmmmm. Alright. I dont need to follow or post his stuff here then. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1