Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

I was surprised the Packers released Kingsley Keke at this point. It seems like they could have created a roster spot other than on the D-Line.

I wonder if he got himself on the coach's s___t list. The Packers haven't had any luck with their last two A&M Aggies-Keke and Sternberger.

Nobody has had any success with A&M players in the last 3 drafts or so. Makes me wonder about the culture at College Station.  

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

How can I round-about this...

There was a guy that posted here.  He was a scout or something, and at least at one point was affiliated with an AFC team.  He was a Packers fan, and would offer some pretty good insight.  It was kind of a "we don't talk about what he says" kind of deal.  Well, someone used some stuff that he posted here as if they talked to a scout for some article they wrote.  Guy got in trouble for that, and has since mostly retired from this site.

wow, i was wondering why i hadn't seen palmy post in here for a long time. that stinks. 

11 hours ago, R T said:

Nobody has had any success with A&M players in the last 3 drafts or so. Makes me wonder about the culture at College Station.  

I would say there’s a case that can be made that Kevin Sumlin looks the other way at character flaws when recruiting talent. Johnny Manziel comes to mind. Still  a lot of universities have a fairly high bust rates. The other head coach Keke had was Jimbo Fisher who recruited and coached JaMarcus Russell and Jamies Winston among others that had less than stellar moments that made headlines. Still don’t know what happened with Keke though

30 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I would say there’s a case that can be made that Kevin Sumlin looks the other way at character flaws when recruiting talent. Johnny Manziel comes to mind. Still  a lot of universities have a fairly high bust rates. The other head coach Keke had was Jimbo Fisher who recruited and coached JaMarcus Russell and Jamies Winston among others that had less than stellar moments that made headlines. Still don’t know what happened with Keke though

Great college players flopping in the pros could actually be an argument that the coaching staff maxes out the potential of their players, so that when they get to the next level and have to step it up, there's nowhere left to go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Great college players flopping in the pros could actually be an argument that the coaching staff maxes out the potential of their players, so that when they get to the next level and have to step it up, there's nowhere left to go. 

I agree it can go both ways, I think most Packer fans know The Wisconsin Badgers regularly turn the #50 recruiting class into a top 20 team, it was more a disclaimer that there are countless variables in play when looking at a school’s draft success