Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

He was a kid who cultivated a social media following by stealing a far more respected user's (Waldo) work and using it as his own.

I mean, you can't really steal a mathematical formula that someone else publicized particularly if you took it and tweaked it.  But lack of attribution is definitely a poor etiquette thing.

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

no i mean i have no idea what you guys are talking about 

How can I round-about this...

There was a guy that posted here.  He was a scout or something, and at least at one point was affiliated with an AFC team.  He was a Packers fan, and would offer some pretty good insight.  It was kind of a "we don't talk about what he says" kind of deal.  Well, someone used some stuff that he posted here as if they talked to a scout for some article they wrote.  Guy got in trouble for that, and has since mostly retired from this site.

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

There was a guy that posted here.  He was a scout or something, and at least at one point was affiliated with an AFC team.  He was a Packers fan, and would offer some pretty good insight.  It was kind of a "we don't talk about what he says" kind of deal.  Well, someone used some stuff that he posted here as if they talked to a scout for some article they wrote.  Guy got in trouble for that, and has since mostly retired from this site.

ohhhhh yeah i remember that now. i feel like justis wasn't even posting here anymore when that **** happened 

34 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I miss Palmy

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't think Justis did that.  I think it was someone else.  

Either way, it was still not cool.  And we lost a very informative poster because of it.  

You sure? I'm almost positive it was over weights from the family night and that was him that did it

I'm trying to work out who else we might cut to make room for returning IR guys.

It looks like we have three lined up ready to be activated to the 53. Z.Smith, Cobb and Mercilus.

Keke being cut obviously opens up a spot for Smith. I reckon Winfree will be cut for Cobb and one of the defensive backs Yiadom/Jean-Charles/Davis will get cut for Mercilus.

We lost Palmy because of Justo.

IIRC we lost Waldo to the Panthers.

Then we lost Justo to Portland State and SB Nation. Imagine hiring Justo to do analytics for you and then realizing his entire analytics experience was taking Waldo's formulas, making it dumber by adding bench press to it, and passing it off as his own. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm trying to work out who else we might cut to make room for returning IR guys.

It looks like we have three lined up ready to be activated to the 53. Z.Smith, Cobb and Mercilus.

Keke being cut obviously opens up a spot for Smith. I reckon Winfree will be cut for Cobb and one of the defensive backs Yiadom/Jean-Charles/Davis will get cut for Mercilus.

Winfree and Galeai. 

• Like 1

I was surprised the Packers released Kingsley Keke at this point. It seems like they could have created a roster spot other than on the D-Line.

I wonder if he got himself on the coach's s___t list. The Packers haven't had any luck with their last two A&M Aggies-Keke and Sternberger.