Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I strongly believe that all noises from the Packers about wanting Rodgers to stay is done for three reasons:

1. They genuinely want him to stay but in the event they don't then.....

2. It strategically helps maintains his trade value

3. and good PR - Keep Packers fans happy so if and when he is traded they come out of it looking ok.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chili said:

I strongly believe that all noises from the Packers about wanting Rodgers to stay is done for three reasons:

3. and good PR - Keep Packers fans happy so if and when he is traded they come out of it looking ok.

Agreed. Packers lose nothing by publicly saying "We want Aaron back" while not publicly saying "at this discounted contract offer".

Win/win

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chili said:

Id bet yesterday's news was leaked from Rodgers camp, not GB. Solely because he loves to take monumental days in the NFL calendar that aren't about him, and make them about him. See last year's draft.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed. Packers lose nothing by publicly saying "We want Aaron back" while not publicly saying "at this discounted contract offer".

Win/win

Not just that, there isn't one scenario in which the Packers gain anything by saying they don't want him back. None at all. There's really not much to analyze, they're saying the only thing they can say.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2022 at 10:22 AM, packfanfb said:

The QB position is different. This isn't the early 2000s where first round QBs sit 2-3 years. You draft a first round QB specifically to maximize having a starting QB on a rookie contract. Maybe they sit one year, then you play them. 

Master of hindsight.

You would never have drafted Rodgers.

Voidable years will break us sooner than later.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 1:45 PM, Pugger said:

I don't understand why we had DL on the edge either.  I hope our new ST coordinator approaches this differently.

About the only remotely plausible reason I could think of to put a DL in that spot would be due to his wingspan. Especially if one side was frequently outnumbered(given that the line is outnumbered virtually 11 to 9 every time, that's a certainty), then that wingspan could be put to use barring the entry of one or two guys if you go about it the correct way, which Lancaster seemed to fail at a fair bit. What was the typical explanation? "You're supposed to block inside then shift outside, but he tried to block both at once?"

But then, it should be more like a traditional 4-3 DE type rather than a DT/NT(I saw the occasional DE as part of the FG unit for some Patriots teams during the 00's, as an example) in such a spot, though GB does not run a 4-3 and all of their Edge Rushers were being saved for Defense(except that #40 guy, whom I'm sure was still active during that game, though he's thin as all hell, so...).

Aaron Nagler  -  NFL fans have to stop thinking Davante Adams is going to hit the open market. MAYBE the Packers tag & trade him - maybe. Most likely? They tag him then get a deal done. He's on a HOF path. No way on God's Green & Gold Earth do they just let him walk.