Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

We are not talking Jerry Rice comparision, I was talking Jared Cook!

If I was talking about Antonio Gonzales then I would agree with the Rice comparison as an outlier. Gonzales played till he was 37 and his last season he put up 859 yard. Gonzalez as 31 year old put up 1172 yards and as a 32 year old 1058 yards.

Looking at other TE's post 30 production who are not Jerry Rice outliers all shows good performance. Delaine Walker at 31 years produced 1088 yards, as a 32 year old produced 807 and matched that production as a 33 year old. 

Jason Witten was averaging 700 yards a season from the age of 30 to 34. Gronk put up 802 yards last year as a 32 year old. Antonio Gates had 872 yards as 33 year old and 821 yards as a 34 year old. 

Point being if you are good enough you should be able to produce as a TE well into your 30's and production doesn't drop off a cliff.

That sounds about right; TEs don't really so much on quick twitch so it makes sense that their game would age better than that of many (most?) WRs who are usually competing in a foot race on every route. 

48 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I would just push back and say maybe the raiders want to wait until the draft. If the rumors are true that the value was a “2nd” for him. It makes sense to wait for the draft to start and know what’s on the board and the pressure of the time running off the clock might cause a team to up their offer.

Deadlines spur actions.

A 2nd for waller would be comically bad value for us. He's a pro bowl tight end with very little mileage at a position that ages really well. If all we can get for him is a mid 2nd, Ziegler is running a clown show.

Maybe he'll be traded but I highly doubt it's because of a contract dispute or a really shaky report that hasn't been corroborated league wide.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

A 2nd for waller would be comically bad value for us. He's a pro bowl tight end with very little mileage at a position that ages really well. If all we can get for him is a mid 2nd, Ziegler is running a clown show.

Maybe he'll be traded but I highly doubt it's because of a contract dispute or a really shaky report that hasn't been corroborated league wide.

I mean you have the head coach that drafted Tim Tebow in the first round to be a QB. O’brien traded Nuke for comically bad value. Look at Houston currently…

Those patriot guys have been running clown shows all over the league. They seemingly only work in New England with Bill. No reason to think Ziegler is the outlier until he proves it…

5 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Got it from a pretty solid source, Packers v. Giants October 9th in London. 

Not guaranteeing it or anything, but I think you can pencil it in. 

@Brit Packgets to see Rashan Gary put cheese on Daniel Jones and eat him live in person. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Young man's game

Exactly what I thought. The turnover of NFL rosters is crazy. I'm often surprised when I look at the career stats of players I remember as pretty good players. A lot of them were good players for only a short period of time. 

On 4/26/2022 at 5:20 PM, Green19 said:

I would just push back and say maybe the raiders want to wait until the draft. If the rumors are true that the value was a “2nd” for him. It makes sense to wait for the draft to start and know what’s on the board and the pressure of the time running off the clock might cause a team to up their offer.

Deadlines spur actions.

Conspiracies spur clicks.

It's all a game of liars dice.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Young man's game

that + several big salary cap hit contract means the bulk of the roster needs to be cheaper....draft picks and UDFA players.  Veterans cost too much when you have 

Rodgers + Bahktiari + Jones + Clark + Amos + Preston + Lowry + Alexander = $97.8M (add in Z and Turner counting $16M on the cap in dead money)