Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Spot for him or overkill?

If they wanted him the would of given them the pick that went for Doubs.

GB has their guys. The only dude I can see at this point is one of the veteran free agents. Fuller most likely, maybe maybe Julio but I doubt that.

11 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Spot for him or overkill?

If a 5th rounder is considered 'mid round pick' I'd be in on this kid. He could be dynamite on our team with Rodgers tossing him the ball. Heck, I say we trade Amari Rodgers straight up for this guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

If a 5th rounder is considered 'mid round pick' I'd be in on this kid. He could be dynamite on our team with Rodgers tossing him the ball. Heck, I say we trade Amari Rodgers straight up for this guy. 

Nagler will eat your liver for that comment.

Trading Amari Rodgers would just mean Packer fans would need to come up with the next player to hate on over nothing. Maybe everyone could submit their choice on who is the next man up on the hate list. You know, like how people rank their children in a love-like-hate order.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, R T said:

Trading Amari Rodgers would just mean Packer fans would need to come up with the next player to hate on over nothing. Maybe everyone could submit their choice on who is the next man up on the hate list. You know, like how people rank their children in a love-like-hate order.

That is fair.  I do hate Amari Rodgers because he does nothing.  

• Like 4

A few 2022 regular season games are starting to trickle out, like Rams and Broncos on Christmas day. That game is going to be part of a triple headed, would Packer fans want a Christmas day game? Or a Thanksgiving game? Who would you like to open the season with? Personally, I would like to see the Patriots as the opening weekend game and no Thanksgiving or Christmas games. The Patriots have always been a slow starting team and it would be good to get that one out of the way early.   

1 minute ago, R T said:

A few 2022 regular season games are starting to trickle out, like Rams and Broncos on Christmas day. That game is going to be part of a triple headed, would Packer fans want a Christmas day game? Or a Thanksgiving game? Who would you like to open the season with? Personally, I would like to see the Patriots as the opening weekend game and no Thanksgiving or Christmas games. The Patriots have always been a slow starting team and it would be good to get that one out of the way early.   

Since Christmas in on a Sunday this year - fine by me. I think that's preferable to playing a Sunday game following an Xmas holiday earlier in the week - say on Thursday or Friday - as I think that can be a tough disruption.

Personally, I like the most noon Sunday games as possible.  Christmas being a Sunday, I actually prefer the Packers to play on Christmas day over the Saturday before or Monday after, or even some weird Friday thing.  I also don't like the Packers ever playing on Thursday, though everyone has to do it. 

On Thanksgiving, I like it to go like this:  Early game, Detroit gets whipped by someone.  Second game, Dallas blows it like true goofs.  Late game, butt fumble.