Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Roster back to 89. This was unexpected. I figured Benkert might be a long term backup here.

Got to say, for a 3rd string QB, I’m like crazy upset that they let him go. Really liked the dude and given Rodgers is the starter and love is “the future” the 3rd spot should be just a locker room guy.

Weirdly gutted by this move.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

You’re going to hate TD Jesus? He was released by the Bills.

don’t tell me he ain’t get resigned back here haha.

I already wasn't a fan...  There has only been one Jesus in the NFL and his name was Charles David Whitehurst Jr.  

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Got to say, for a 3rd string QB, I’m like crazy upset that they let him go. Really liked the dude and given Rodgers is the starter and love is “the future” the 3rd spot should be just a locker room guy.

Weirdly gutted by this move.

Yep, just a great funny dude who did ALOT of charity and fan outreach stuff. I'm honestly more upset about this then I should be. 

The waiving of Benkert feels like a roster numbers management move. More and more teams are going to training camp with 3 QB's rather than 4 this year. 18 teams currently are carrying 4 and 14 teams are carrying 3. Combine that practice time seems to get shorter every year and the Packers wanting to get Love as much work as possible and this move makes total sense.  

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Saw a post in bleacher report app, it was:

Start, bench, cut … out of these 3 guys:

Sterling sharpe

Davante Adams

Jordy Nelson

Which I think would be my order. Start sharpe, bench Adams and cut Nelson.

E z. Start all 3. 

• Like 1