Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Games on NFL Network will be blacked out in participating teams TV market. Don't know if that helps you. 

I am not sure.  I don't know what the actual market is.  So far, the Packers have been on the St Louis station since the Rams moved.  Fox 2 in St Louis is part of the TV network.  But I don't know if we are subject to blackouts, should that happen.  I have been able to watch most of the preseason games locally.

https://www.packers.com/video/tv-network

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -  The Packers claimed K Gabe Brkic off of waivers from the Vikings and waived K Dominik Eberle.

Paul Bretl -   Brkic made 57/69 FG attempts at Oklahoma and 159/160 XPs. He has no attempts in the NFL.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -  The Packers claimed K Gabe Brkic off of waivers from the Vikings and waived K Dominik Eberle.

Just for kicks and giggles I watched the intros for the softball game to see who played. Looks like Eberle was in that game, probably got the news the next morning. Can be a cold business but someone in his position knows how long the odds are to make even a PS. He made the Packers’ softball team. 

As for Bakhtiari being ready to go at the start of training camp, LaFleur said: "We fully anticipate him being ready to go" but added that they thought that would be the case last year, too. Obviously, it was not.

This Bakhtiari thing still seems up in the air and unsettled.  I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.  If that thing starts swelling up again at what point does Bak or the Packers pull the plug?

Edited by {Family Ghost}

39 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

As for Bakhtiari being ready to go at the start of training camp, LaFleur said: "We fully anticipate him being ready to go" but added that they thought that would be the case last year, too. Obviously, it was not.

This Bakhtiari thing still seems up in the air and unsettled.  I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.  If that thing starts swelling up again at what point does Bak or the Packers pull the plug?

My mind is unfortunately ready for him not to play this full season.

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

A former Vikings kicker?!?

He'll either never make another kick in his life or make it to the HOF lol

The Bears have a similar curse.  At least they get the pleasure of watching Gould dagger the Pack but it's in a 9ers uniform.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

What can they do to stop the swelling from happening? Could his knee just be ****ed? It's just interesting that they seemingly haven't been able to contain it in a year and a half.

8 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

What can they do to stop the swelling from happening? Could his knee just be ****ed? It's just interesting that they seemingly haven't been able to contain it in a year and a half.

I guess we'll find out, but if he can't make it thru the summer routine he's probably looking at retirement.  They could try to just get him ready on a game to game basis, but not knowing if you can count on the guy week to week could be a major issue.  Hopefully Jenkins knee rehab goes off without a hitch and he can be ready to play fairly early this season.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:
Rob Demovsky
....As for Bakhtiari being ready to go at the start of training camp, LaFleur said: "We fully anticipate him being ready to go" but added that they thought that would be the case last year, too. Obviously, it was not....

I'm always the homer/optimist.  But I'm going to take two optimistic things from this.  One, that MLF fully anticipated Bakhti being ready.  That will be great if true.  

Second, the interesting claim that they thought he'd be ready for the start of camp last year.  Jenkins injury/surgery was a couple months earlier than was Bakhti's.  So, *IF* they kinda anticipated that Bakhti could be ready by start of camp, assuming a normal recovery, it seems even more reasonable to expect that Jenkins could/should be ready by start of camp this year, too.  (Assuming a normal recovery).  

There are lots of ACL's done in the world.  No reason to expect based on Bakhti's unusual problems to now assume that every Packer who has an ACL is going to have the same kind of abnormal non-recovery problem that Bakhti had.  

Similar for Tonyan, and Hill.  I'm optimistic that neither Jenkins nor Tonyan will miss much if any significant action.